TT is a forward not a center | Syracusefan.com

TT is a forward not a center

Madbiker

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Reg Season Rcd
He shies away from the rebounding scrum. A few times tonight he was standing out near the free throw line watching the scrum for the rebound instead of being inside banging. JB was fed up so he took him out and put Robey in. Problem is TT is an offensive force and our offense stagnates when Robey and Howard are in together. It becomes 3 on 5 on the offensive end. TT has to get in the weight room all summer and get stronger. But his instinct is a scoring forward not a physical center and I doubt that changes. Expect to see him at forward next year -- and a legit scorer.

He shies away from the rebounding scrum. A few times tonight he was standing out near the free throw line watching the scrum for the rebound instead of being inside banging. JB was fed up so he took him out and put Robey in. Problem is TT is an offensive force and our offense stagnates when Robey and Howard are in together. It becomes 3 on 5 on the offensive end. TT has to get in the weight room all summer and get stronger. But his instinct is a scoring forward not a physical center and I doubt that changes. Expect to see him at forward next year -- and a legit scorer.

Unless PC makes a huge improvement in the off season and his eye issue is dealt with, Thompson will be playing out of position again next year as well.

If we had a serviceable center like Diagne this year and next year, it would have made a world of difference IMO.

we don't have a true center. and yes this is not a well constructed line up but it is what it is.

Thompson will start at the 5 next year. We have no other options.

If only there was a talented center coming out of Rochester or something a few years ago. Without an overbearing mother.

It's painful imagining how much better this team would be with Thomas Bryant.

Yup we don't have a center... Lydon seems like he'd be a better wing too but he's actually been better at the 5. I think leaving lydon at 5 and TT at wing could work but not sure since we've never tried it. I think TT has improved at 5 a little but he's starting from being the worst 5 on D in Cuse history.

Our 2 centers are on the bench not playing with injuries.

If only there was a talented center coming out of Rochester or something a few years ago. Without an overbearing mother.

It's painful imagining how much better this team would be with Thomas Bryant.

If only TB's mom had read this message board and could have been informed how this was the perfect school for him, just like it is for dozens of other top 100 recruits. ;) (and while I'm at it, thank goodness TT's kin didnt read the board)

Seriously though, I'm thinking that might put us in contention for the title belt. Heck, even that Yurtseven dude we lost to NC State would have made a noticeable improvment.

Even if they weren't injured, I'm curious how much PT they'd be getting or how much they'd be able to add other than extra fouls, honestly(unless imagining a truly healthy DC2 of years gone by). I suppose they would help some on D, but wonder if the drop on offense would warrant it for long?

Not sure why JB doesn't move him to forward on defense and let Lydon defend the middle...let him play center on O.
Cause he's more of a liability at the 4 then the 5. If you recall earlier in the year that's where JB had him and he was downright horrid. If he would just stop fouling he would stay on the floor. I can see him adding a lot more muscle next season like Lydon did this year which will help him and also work on his D.

Cause he's more of a liability at the 4 then the 5. If you recall earlier in the year that's where JB had him and he was downright horrid. If he would just stop fouling he would stay on the floor. I can see him adding a lot more muscle next season like Lydon did this year which will help him and also work on his D.
He's not much better on D at the 5. It's a real shame because he's such a natural at putting the ball in the basket.

He's not much better on D at the 5. It's a real shame because he's such a natural at putting the ball in the basket.
Agreed, but JB is trying to hide him the best that he can on D and he's a little worse at the 5 which isn't saying much.

well given dajuan's history nobody realistically expected major minutes this season. and paschal was already on the pines before the retinal tear. (which usually takes about a month to heal.)
boeheim decided early on tyler lydon was our 5 this season. that's my take.

TT had one of what is easily my favorite play of the last few years. He went up for a shot into a tree and bounced off. He tried again the same way and bounced off again. He did it a third time and made the basket. The look on the defenders face was great.

Not sure why JB doesn't move him to forward on defense and let Lydon defend the middle...let him play center on O.
I think it is because TT has very little lateral movement. He is all straight forward.

Right now he's a stretch 4 with the ability to knock down mid range jumpers with consistency. I love TT, but his game on offense is significantly higher than his game on defense and the glass.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom