10747182-standard.jpg

Dion Waiters Signs Autographs at Destiny USA

Billy Edelin coaching summer league champs

Otto Step Dancing at "Feel the Pulse" 2012

Future Orangeman

Tyler Ennis talks Syracuse & Under Armour Elite 24

Former Players

Beyond pain: Dion Waiters offers a fierce and sweeping insight

Dion Waiters says it's totally natural that he was out of shape for Summer League

campmelo1.jpg

Carmelo Anthony shows Boys, Girls Club of Garfield finer basketball points

Team USA

USA Basketball blooper reel (VIDEO)

Blogs

Triche & Southerland 2 of the top 6 Big East "Senior Leaders"

In-Depth Report on Dion Waiters

Dion Waiters First Purchase After Being Drafted By Cavs: Range Rover For Mom

0.jpg

Donte Greene: What Does He Bring to the Brooklyn Nets This Season?

University News

SU: Dalai Lama, Dave Matthews booked for peace event

Dalai Lama to visit SU in October

Around CNY

Notah Begay's lesson: Golf is more than just a game

Tiger%2Bat%2BTurning%2BStone%2B040%2Bcomp.jpg

Tiger still expected to play in NB3 Challenge at Turning Stone

I coached a team in that same summer league that Billy's Gym Ratz team was in. We were in the 7th and 8th grade division. That was a great team but really shouldn't have been in the Modified division. Based on the age of a couple of their players, they should have been in the Freshman division all season. Because of how physically developed a couple of those players were, I had parents asking me if I knew their ages. Unfortunately, that's a mentality that comes from the AAU circuit due to tournaments that have lax rules. One of the problems going by grade in tourneys and leagues is that you have kids that could have been held back 1 or 2 years and are more physically dominant than kids who are actually at that grade/age level.

On the other hand, some kids are just blessed with early growth spurts. You never know. You just go out and play the teams you're scheduled to play.

What I know for sure is that we lost to Gym Ratz by 50 because we were no where near physically equipped to play them inside. They were deeper and stronger and faster than we were. Billy does an excellent job with these guys. It's my understanding that his players have been together since the 3rd grade, so they came up together and play like a well oiled machine. And they listen to him. It's tough to get kids that age to pay attention in the huddle sometimes, but he had their attention. That Noah kid is a stud and has power moves I don't see many HS players attempt in AAU. To win that Freshman division was an accomplishment. There were some VERY good teams in it.

Sounds like Billy keeps on giving to Syracuse. Syracuse has become a great place for basketball not just high school but well before in recent years. Theres all kind of videos about it on youtube.

Any links to results for the ESPNU Elite 24 game (besides the TE interview)? We had (besides Tyler) a bunch of recruits playing in this game.

Thanks, OE.