Tuesday Articles | Syracusefan.com

Tuesday Articles

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan

Nassib shows ability to improve

Kurt Warner liked Geno Smith during the throwing drills, and Syracuse's Ryan Nassib "showed a bigger arm than I expected," but no one was getting raves. (Mike Mayock talks about this year's draft class)
CPD

Pre-Combine Mayock had Nassib 4th ranked QB

2013 NFL Draft Scouting Report: Ryan Nassib, QB, Syracuse

Tweets on Ryan at Browns site

"Geno Smith is athletic, but he's not necessarily an option quarterback. (Syracuse's) Ryan Nassib is sneaky athletic, but he's certainly not an option quarterback.

After Smith and Barkley, quarterbacks like Syracuse's Nassib, Oklahoma's Landry Jones, North Carolina State's Mike Glennon, Arkansas' Tyler Wilson and Tennessee's Tyler Bray are in the discussion for the remainder of this year's top-rated passers. There's no consensus about the pecking order just yet, but that gives everyone the opportunity to significantly improve their stock in the coming two months of scrutiny and debate.

"Maybe there is no Luck or Griffin this year, but there's quite a few talented quarterbacks who have done some great things in college and it's really who's going to separate themselves here or on their pro day and in the interviews,'' said Nassib, who is known to be on the radar screen in Buffalo, which is now led by his collegiate coach, Doug Marrone. "It's going to be a pretty tight race and I just hope that at the end of the day, I put myself in the best position where hopefully I'll get put in together with some of these other guys.''

But that position isn't likely to be in a read-option offense. The NFL may have to wait another year for their next emerging quarterback star in that dual-threat attack.

"We did some read-options this past season and I feel as if the NFL's going to make that transition, as it has been,'' Nassib said. "I feel like I'm pretty prepared for it. I know I'm not much of a runner by trade, like some other guys, but I feel like I'll be able to make some good decisions, and get some yards when I have to.

I'm not going to be able to pull a ball down and run for 60 like some guys might be able to. But one thing about my experience running the read zone, maybe you don't have to run. Maybe I can throw the ball instead of having to run. Because if that's what the read says, that's what you do.''

In the NFL these days, plenty of the youngest and most impressive quarterback stars seem to do plenty of both.
Sports Illustrated

Scouting Report: Alec Lemon - WR, Syracuse

Former Syracuse players wrap up NFL Combine workouts

Syracuse football faces rugged 2013 schedule

Syracuse to host four ACC foes

Syracuse to host 4 ACC football foes in the fall

Syracuse football releases 2013 schedule

Five Orange Ranked in Top-25 Countdown

Syracuse: Wagner told us game counts toward bowl eligibility

Wagner College to play Syracuse University in a football game on ...

Inaugural ACC Football Slate Features Six Bowl Teams

Syracuse 2013 football schedule released

There will be 14 Saturdays between Labor Day weekend and Thanksgiving weekend, which we haven’t had since 2008. That eased the task of assembling an ACC schedule that includes new members Pittsburgh and Syracuse. The Orange will close the season at home against the Panthers and Boston College.

The Eagles last went to the Carrier Dome a decade ago, in the same week that Boston College announced it would leave for the ACC. With Syracuse fans mocking the Eagles by chanting “A-C-C!”, Syracuse grabbed an emotional 39-14 victory.
Ivan Maisel

Former Player

Former SU RB passes away

Former Staff

Scott Pioli: 'Te'o situation is shameful'(video)

ACC News

NCAA: Hurtt provided false info during probe

Top 5 ACC games in 2013

Statement-making opening weekend highlights ACC's 2013 schedule

What Was The ACC Thinking?

U.Va., Carolina face ACC's toughest non-conference football ...

News and notes off 2013 ACC schedule

Ped State

Governor defends antitrust suit against NCAA

SEC

Crimson Tide offer scholarship to 8th-grader

Blogs

7078902.jpg

NFL Combine 2013 Results: Ryan Nassib, Alec Lemon Continue Syracuse ...

Troy Nunes Is An Absolute Podcast: NFL Combine With Justin Pugh ...

Syracuse Orange Releases 2013 ACC Football Schedule

Other SU Sports

SU looks to rescheduled Lindenwood games as chance to implement adjustments, return to winning form ahead of CHAs

University News

A video about the Native Student Program at Syracuse University

SUxSW mixtape showcases Syracuse University music at SXSW

Around CNY

Coleman's Green Beer parade, Syracuse, NY

The Eagles last went to the Carrier Dome a decade ago, in the same week that Boston College announced it would leave for the ACC. With Syracuse fans mocking the Eagles by chanting “A-C-C!”, Syracuse grabbed an emotional 39-14 victory.

Maisel is wrong...BC was at the Dome in '10, right? Maybe he means as conference mates.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom