Tulsa to join "America's Conference" in 2014 | Syracusefan.com

Tulsa to join "America's Conference" in 2014

"America's Conference?" Don't you think that would be....oh, just a tad presumptuous?

My money's on the "Metro American Conference." A conference interesting and stylish enough to appeal to Americans, as well as metrosexuals around the world.

Of the projected 2014 members in the soon-to-be-renamed league, nine of the 11 schools -- Cincinnati, South Florida, UCF, Houston, SMU, Memphis, East Carolina, Tulane and Tulsa -- are former members of Conference USA. Only Connecticut and Temple didn't leave C-USA for the Big East the 12th team will be Navy.

Goodness UConn joined Conference USA.

Actually, CUSA joined UConn. :D

Of the projected 2014 members in the soon-to-be-renamed league, nine of the 11 schools -- Cincinnati, South Florida, UCF, Houston, SMU, Memphis, East Carolina, Tulane and Tulsa -- are former members of Conference USA. Only Connecticut and Temple didn't leave C-USA for the Big East the 12th team will be Navy.

Goodness UConn joined Conference USA.

Navy's not a definite. I've read they are having reservations.

The more I think about this I feel like "The Drive Through Window Conference" is most appropriate with the tag line "We'll get you in and out fast...".

The new ACC will be 36% original BE + 7% C-USA (43% total import), while Yukon's conference will be 8% original BE (Temple), 8% grown BE (Yukon), 75% C-USA and 8% service academy (83+% total "import").

It's arguably a bit better than the old C-USA... Super-USA... S-USA, for short. John Philip would be proud. :)

If they have E-W divisions, Cincy is in a worse position than UConn.

UConn would be with Temple, Navy, ECU, USF, and UCF -- all teams in the 50-100 D1 range. Decent competitive football.

In the west, Cincy might lose one game a year to Tulsa/Houston/SMU. Boring.

In MBB, it looks like UConn/Temple in the east, Cincy/Memphis in the West. The other teams are schedule fodder.

As they should...Navy can play a national schedule: 3-5 big boy schools, 6-8 mid majors and 1 FCS. Cuse should be playing Army or Navy nearly every season.

For those keeping score at home, in 2013 The 'Merica!12 Conference will be 10 teams in 2013, 11 teams in 2014, and starting in 2015 and beyond will be 11 teams in basketball.

Putting 12 in the conference name makes a lot of sense, right?

Only in 'Merica!12

sounds likelier that navy will join them as they got some television concessions from leftover league like all home games thru 2017

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom