Turned Away | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Turned Away

You would have to think Houston Nutt would get some love given all the attention Orgeron has generated on this board. Its not like he took a 3-9 Ole Miss team and went 9-4 in his first two seasons or anything. So what, he went 4-8 and 2-10 his last two seasons, but aren't we used to that around here? Personally, I don't want either of them. 9-4 seasons for Nutt were a result of a better coach using Orgeron's recruits. 4-8 and 2-10 were the result of a good coach who couldn't recruit.

SU > UCF...Syracuse < Orlando... NE Recruiting < FL Recruiting...Most recent BCS Bowl - UCF.

You would have to think Houston Nutt would get some love given all the attention Orgeron has generated on this board. Its not like he took a 3-9 Ole Miss team and went 9-4 in his first two seasons or anything. So what, he went 4-8 and 2-10 his last two seasons, but aren't we used to that around here? Personally, I don't want either of them. 9-4 seasons for Nutt were a result of a better coach using Orgeron's recruits. 4-8 and 2-10 were the result of a good coach who couldn't recruit.

So Nutt + Orgeron must be the solution?

So, if DT is correct, he's stating that Noel Mazzone and Houston Nutt were turned away after expressing interest in the position. Just gauging how the board feels about this.

Nutt's done some good things in the past.

Mazzone's offense is at the least interesting. No HC exp.

This tells me we're at least not reaching.
Malzone's system N-ZONE was the one McDonald purchased.
Nutt won with the kids Bebe recruited.

Malzone's system N-ZONE was the one McDonald purchased.
Nutt won with the kids Bebe recruited.
McDonald stole pieces of the N-Zone, for sure. But, his entire offense was a hodge podge of about 10 different systems.

McDonald stole pieces of the N-Zone, for sure. But, his entire offense was a hodge podge of about 10 different systems.

His offense was even too bubblecious for even him, Mr. Bubbles.

mazzone must've been yelling NOOOOO more than any of us when he got wind of what McDonald was doing in games here.

So, if DT is correct, he's stating that Noel Mazzone and Houston Nutt were turned away after expressing interest in the position. Just gauging how the board feels about this.

Nutt's done some good things in the past.

Mazzone's offense is at the least interesting. No HC exp.

This tells me we're at least not reaching.

In 2005, Mazzone was the OC at Ole Miss under Ed Orgeron. He was fired after Ole Miss ended the year with the total offense ranked 111 out of 117 D1-A programs. The scoring rank was 115. They scored 20 or more points twice that year,27 against The Citadel and 23 against Vanderbilt.

He actually bought it. Nole Malzone included SU as one of the teams playing his system. My point is I don't think Malzone would play well here!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom