Turning point in the game | Syracusefan.com

Turning point in the game

STEVEHOLT

There are FIVE letters in the name BLAIN.
Well, Im going to be THAT guy. I felt that towards the end of the first half, when we had the momentum and come back to nearly even, BC dude leaves his feet, lands back on the ground, and then passes the ball for a three (up and down to be sure). Im 100 percent positive this is the only reason we did not lead into half time.

then im still not quite sure what some of our travel calls were again. I thought I understood the traveling rule. No so much anymore. Now it's a travel if you look like you might travel at some point in the near future, even if you didn't.

Don't normally complain about the refs but that was at least the third time this week I saw a kid come down on the back of a rebounder and there was no call. Yeah allow some contact on rebounds but almos knocking the guy over as he secures the ball is a little far

then im still not quite sure what some of our travel calls were again. I thought I understood the traveling rule. No so much anymore. Now it's a travel if you look like you might travel at some point in the near future, even if you didn't.
I rewound and looked back at the travel call on OB when he scored after getting the offensive rebound in the second half.
I couldn't see where the travel was.

Another key turning point in the game I thought was the flagrant one foul called on Howard. I've seen out guys grabbed much worse than that without a flagrant foul called.

When we started off 3-0 I felt good. Never really felt good after that. I was wasted by half time and glad I was.

that was probably the best strategy. I only had one beer and became quickly sickened as I watched. We've lost games where I knew we were better. This game I knew from the get go we were not the better team. That's a tough realization when playing BC.

Cuse

that Flagrant foul call is just the worst use of a rule.. great if you want to call it that way.. but clearly he fouled at least twice before any grab actually occurred so that makes the grab part a non event.. but there have multiple games this year where guys have tackled people with no call at all.

The behind the back pass from the big Serb or Croatian was another gem.