TV (or lack thereof) | Syracusefan.com

TV (or lack thereof)

DonLightfoot

All Conference
Do you think there will be any chance of ESPN (or CBS) picking up more of our games in ACC play? According to cuse.com I will only be getting 8 of the conference games. Like most of you, this lack of televised games is driving me nuts.

No.

The schedule is locked in.
Yes and no.
If SU suddenly became the hottest team in America and say Top 5 ...someone would find a way to air more the games.
That might involve changing tipoff times.

Cbs games are locked in, I believe Espn has some wiggle room and can pick up some games.

acc network doesnt mean no tv though. They might be on the Regionals. the preason games were more streaming only. SNY or Yes or MSG and others will pick up some of these and some locals as well

so just get directv and a tailgate package or the same with DISH

Don lives in Canada. If it's not on a major network he's outta luck.
Yes I live north of the border, but do have DISH Network and the sport packages. However, according to DISH I live in Watertown, NY and thus are blacked-out on all games broadcast on the Regional Sports Networks, even the away games.

SNY or Yes or MSG and others will pick up some of these and some locals as well
Years ago DISH Network did offer SNY and MSG, but they got dropped quite a while ago. See my comment above regarding Regionals. There is a local ABC affiliate in Watertown, NY that usually carries about 3 or 4 of the ACC games and I emailed them yesterday to see if they know their scheduling yet.

did you check the sny stream to see if you qualify for that?
Thanks for the idea. I just sent them a message through their website. Had to tell a little fib about my location as they would not accept the message based on my Country of residence.

They'll be on TV, just not on ESPN/2.

Look for the RSN's...SNY, YES, MSG, Fox Sports North Pole, etc to have the games not on the big ESPN channels.

Thought I would provide a follow up to my thread. A local station in Watertown, NY, ABC 50, have been broadcasting certain ACC games (not necessarily SU only) over the past few years. I emailed them last year to get a list of the broadcasts and sent them another email before Christmas about this season. Got a response today saying they will be doing six SU games. Add that to the eight national broadcasts I get then there is only four ACC games I will not have on TV -- Pitt, @GT, @BC and Clemson.

I had actually reached the point where I may not even try to find a stream for certain games based on the team's poor performance lately. Well, if they are on TV, I will definitely be watching and cheering. These next two games will determine our season in my opinion. If we can split these two tough road games I would be happy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom