Tweet of the night? | Syracusefan.com

Tweet of the night?

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
Jeff Goodman@GoodmanCBS
This score cannot be real: Duquesne 60, West Virginia 56. Gotta feel for Bob Huggins' wife tonight.

Well, hopefully Mrs. Huggins goes out of town. Huggy Bear can't be too gentle after losing to the Dukies.

That's pretty funny and absolutely disgusting to think about at the same time.

I dont think Huggy is married. Unless he recently tied the knot in the last several years.

Jeff Goodman@GoodmanCBS
This score cannot be real: Duquesne 60, West Virginia 56. Gotta feel for Bob Huggins' wife tonight.

Well, hopefully Mrs. Huggins goes out of town. Huggy Bear can't be too gentle after losing to the Dukies.

What an idiot! That is how journalists get fired. Now he is backtracking and saying "that's not how I meant it." Well, guess what, dummy, whether you meant it "that way" or not 75% of reasonable people would take it "that way." I spend all sorts of time teaching my fifth graders that once something is "out there" on the Internet you can't get it back. So, Jeff, you can't get it back now it's "out there." Hopefully your bosses at CBS and SiruisXM are kinder than I would be if I was your boss.

On a side note I find it interesting that Apple autocorrects Internet to have a capital "I." That must be Al Gore's doing from when he invented the Internet.

Jeff Goodman@GoodmanCBS

I gotta think it was a typo, he must have meant "life" instead of "wife", because of the ensuing couch inferno.

What an idiot! That is how journalists get fired. Now he is backtracking and saying "that's not how I meant it."

I didn't see the backtracking part, but he changed the wording of his original tweet. This is what it now says. Unfotunately like you said, once it's out there, it's out there. And his tweet was out there.

Jeff Goodman@GoodmanCBS
This score cannot be real: Duquesne 60, West Virginia 56. Gotta feel for Bob Huggins' wife and his staff tonight.

I didn't see the backtracking part, but he changed the wording of his original tweet. This is what it now says. Unfotunately like you said, once it's out there, it's out there. And his tweet was out there.

Jeff Goodman@GoodmanCBS
This score cannot be real: Duquesne 60, West Virginia 56. Gotta feel for Bob Huggins' wife and his staff tonight.

Here is one of his responses to a follower:

@GoodmanCBS: @DuquesneDave That's not how I meant it. Meant that Huggins will be in one bad mood tonight.

Here is one of his responses to a follower:

@GoodmanCBS: @DuquesneDave That's not how I meant it. Meant that Huggins will be in one bad mood tonight.

That's exactly what I thought he meant. People read what they want to read, I guess.

On a side note I find it interesting that Apple autocorrects Internet to have a capital "I." That must be Al Gore's doing from when he invented the Internet.

"Internet", meaning web sites and other items on the WWW is capitalized.

"internet" refers to any general inter-networking.

It may be acceptable to use lower case now for both, but your autocorrect is correct.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom