Two, maybe three times | Syracusefan.com

Two, maybe three times

SWC75

Bored Historian
We definately mad OSM at least twice. Scoop celebrating a three pointer and Wisconsin missing at the buzzer. I saw a shot of players hugging and I saw some Orange but it wasn't long enough to be sure which team it was.

I don't recall any buzzer-beating shots to win games. Wisconsin almost got one vs. us. That might have been the best game of the tournament.

Dion and CJ hugging and celebrating was in there too.

We also had a cheerleader in the opening and, as you mentioned, a celebratory hug. Four times total.

I think Gonzaga got more screen time than we did.

Was Gonzaga even in the tournament?

Four:

Cheerleader, Scoop hitting a 3, Scoop celebrating after Jordan Taylor's miss, and Dion, CJ, and Resavy celebrating after the Wisconsin win.

Anyone who guessed Resavy to be in OSM deserves an Iggy!

I thought it was SU players celebrating but couldn't be sure. I actually liked this year's edition, although nothing could top 2003 and THE BLOCK. I very much liked the opening sequences with all of the cheerleaders, Obama, the baby, the players galloping (?) down the hallway, etc. I guess this season is now truly over and I notice there's sunshine out there today. Maybe I'll check it out.

Next year in Jerusalem, er, ATLANTA!

We definately mad OSM at least twice. Scoop celebrating a three pointer and Wisconsin missing at the buzzer. I saw a shot of players hugging and I saw some Orange but it wasn't long enough to be sure which team it was.

I don't recall any buzzer-beating shots to win games. Wisconsin almost got one vs. us. That might have been the best game of the tournament.
The Rochester paper had a column on the tournament. I'm trying to find. It mentioned various tidbits like the lack of buzzer beaters. Also only one overtime game. The number of comebacks from huge deficites. Two #15 seeds beating #2 seeds for the first time. Etc.

I thought it was a disappointing tournament overall. No Cinderella teams. No buzzer-beaters. National Anthem performances that were among the worst I've ever heard. Our game with OSU was completely taken over by whistle-happy refs. The Final 4 games were played with the expected intensity, but had little drama. I went to bed half-way through the 2nd half of the Championship game. And we got stuck with CBS and their lousy camera angles and Charles Barkley (thank God for the mute button)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom