Two observations | Syracusefan.com

Two observations

hplare

Skilled observer of photographs
The zone was good at the beginning of the game. When Cooney entered it became better than... well, maybe since the last time he got playing time. It was energetic, the slides were near perfection and it marked the period when we turned them over several times and went up I think by eleven. The kid is all hustle and busts his hump out there and, at least in my opinion, makes BT and MCW also more active. The chemistry at the offensive end also even seems better. It's unfortunate, but there are two many moments when BT's and MCW's game's don't seem to complement each other. He needs more minutes to help spell them or get them in sync.

If CJ deserves a T for slapping the backboard on his dunk. (excessive celebration?) then when in hell is Williams ever going to get T'd up for being on the floor? It's not just that he roams out of the box, he's practically participating in the game. At one point, I thought JS might step on his feet or stumble over them. It's ludicrous that he's allowed to get away with it.

The zone was good at the beginning of the game. When Cooney entered it became better than... well, maybe since the last time he got playing time. It was energetic, the slides were near perfection and it marked the period when we turned them over several times and went up I think by eleven. The kid is all hustle and busts his hump out there and, at least in my opinion, makes BT and MCW also more active. The chemistry at the offensive end also even seems better. It's unfortunate, but there are two many moments when BT's and MCW's game's don't seem to complement each other. He needs more minutes to help spell them or get them in sync.

If CJ deserves a T for slapping the backboard on his dunk. (excessive celebration?) then when in hell is Williams ever going to get T'd up for being on the floor? It's not just that he roams out of the box, he's practically participating in the game. At one point, I thought JS might step on his feet or stumble over them. It's ludicrous that he's allowed to get away with it.
Southerland is just the type of player to purposely run into Buzz. Ah, I wouldve loved to see that.

Agreed

Having coaches out on the floor throughout the game has been a pet peeve of mine for a long time.

Can't stand it.

Having coaches out on the floor throughout the game has been a pet peeve of mine for a long time.

Can't stand it.

Drives me crazy. Pitino, Buzz, Dixon all are way past the box and spend a great deal of time actually on the playing floor.

Drives me crazy. Pitino, Buzz, Dixon all are way past the box and spend a great deal of time actually on the playing floor.

I used to hate the guys who would blatantly go way out past the coaches box back in the day--that was bad enough. But this new generation of coaches are indiscriminately out on the floor all game long. Should draw a quick "T," but it never gets called.

I loved with under 10 left Buzz going on the floor while the ball was in play and pushing one of his guards to position. Am I the only one that caught that?

I thought both Cooney and Baye had some of the best minutes of the year yesterday especially Baye. The fact we couldnt get Cooney some PT in the second half when he showed he was playign well in the first is definitely concerning. For whatever reason Triche is in the tank with his shooting and has to be shooting somewhere in the teens or single digits from 3 this month. Ditto for Mike who cant seem to make a simple jump shot less a 3, and his turnovers are gettign more and more bizarre. Its a tough situation but hoping one of them breaks out of it soon or its not goign to be a fun 3 weeks.

I loved with under 10 left Buzz going on the floor while the ball was in play and pushing one of his guards to position. Am I the only one that caught that?
No I saw it too.

i thought Cooney earned some second half minutes based on what he did in he first half

Was that the same play where official was standing next to Buzz and holding him off the court, or was this a different possession?

You would think Dirty could have prevented Buzz from wandering on to the court.

That was a fart joke in case you missed it.

If you want to see an out of control coach on the court during games, watch Danny Hurley at URI. The guy is nuts.

If you want to see an out of control coach on the court during games, watch Danny Hurley at URI. The guy is nuts.

Jimmy Patzos at Loyola too. Watched him live in Pittsburgh last year vs. Ohio State in their NCAA game. It was almost like watching a 6 on 5 game.

Was that the same play where official was standing next to Buzz and holding him off the court, or was this a different possession?

Different possession - screamed it out at the TV, I'd never seen a coach do that before.

I was at the game. Curly was literally standing on the Al McGuire court logo at one point while the ball was in play. JackBagOh Lord

I used to hate the guys who would blatantly go way out past the coaches box back in the day--that was bad enough. But this new generation of coaches are indiscriminately out on the floor all game long. Should draw a quick "T," but it never gets called.

If Dean Smith can get T'd up in the national semi-final for this then so can these clowns.

If you're going to T up CJ, you have to do the same to fat ass for chest pounding and boxing with the stanchion.

Would love to see Buzz get knocked on his ass. Preferably into the fifth row.

I "liked" this simply because I now know what the word "stanchion" means & will definitely be using it during the next game to impress my architecture major roommate.

It's a mandatory call, specifically in the books.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2