Two quick post-game thoughts | Syracusefan.com

Two quick post-game thoughts

RF2044

Living Legend
I am 100% convinced that the WR position is one that we need to continue to upgrade with improved speed and athleticism through recruiting. I'm very excited to see what Funderburk / Cornelius / Lewis bring to the table next year. But I have to tip my hat to our senior starters, Lemon and Sales. Those guys might not be the most dynamic receivers we've ever had, but both are going to be very, very difficult to replace next year. Gamers.

Second, I am very happy that we didn't hire Skip Holtz. Him opting to decline may have worked out for the best for SU.

I was told we secured our position with a couple of kids ... not sure whom, but I have an idea of who one may be

I was told we secured our position with a couple of kids ... not sure whom, but I have an idea of who one may be
Let's hope Curtis.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

People are really going to miss both Sales and Lemon next year, many dont realize what they have brought to this team the past few years especially Lemon.

People are really going to miss both Sales and Lemon next year, many dont realize what they have brought to this team the past few years especially Lemon.

Losing Sales last year is a reminder of how much both will be missed. They both are playing really well right now, and I like what West is doing and so far Clark has really stepped up in key situations.

Losing Sales last year is a reminder of how much both will be missed. They both are playing really well right now, and I like what West is doing and so far Clark has really stepped up in key situations.

There are some decent raw materials for next year. Obviously, it would be great for Funderburk to step right in and be a difference maker for us. Glad he has the opportunity to practice all year / next spring to learn the play book, so he'll maximize his ability to hit the ground running next year.

West has played a ton and performed well. Hard to imagine he wouldn't be the other starter.

Players like Kobena and Clark have gotten quality PT, and hopefully will be ready to ascend into more prominent roles next season. We also need players like Hale, Cornelius, and Lewis to give us something. If that happens, it could be a very solid unit--Funderburk, West, and Kobena is a solid nucleus.

There are some decent raw materials for next year. Obviously, it would be great for Funderburk to step right in and be a difference maker for us. Glad he has the opportunity to practice all year / next spring to learn the play book, so he'll maximize his ability to hit the ground running next year.

West has played a ton and performed well. Hard to imagine he wouldn't be the other starter.

Players like Kobena and Clark have gotten quality PT, and hopefully will be ready to ascend into more prominent roles next season. We also need players like Hale, Cornelius, and Lewis to give us something. If that happens, it could be a very solid unit--Funderburk, West, and Kobena is a solid nucleus.

And I'm curious to see Flemming based on the reports out of camp this year. Funderburk sure looks like the goods. If he can deliver then I like him and West with all of the others.

Does Lemon have the chance to be an Ed McCaffery type player in the NFL?