Two things that indicate to me the team is all in…. | Syracusefan.com

Two things that indicate to me the team is all in….

Jake

Mod
LaQuint sliding on the final run.

McCord correcting himself in the post game presser from saying “I” to “We”.

Those are two things that players do and say with the team and head coach in mind.

Also want to point out that Marrone used to find ways to motivate the team every week when he was here. Remember the “they stole your lunch money” story? It seems gimmicky, but it works.

Sitting behind the SU bench and very impressed by the coaching that happens on the sideline. Kyle takes such ownership of any mistake he makes. The group is very tight. And Kyle is a man on a mission.

I was super impressed when after Villari had that second drop, he was killing himself...Fran ran out to him, settled him down and encouraged him. After he had a big grab later on, FB immediately went up to him with a "that's what you can do." FB seems to know when to be fiery and yelling and when guys need encouragement.

Also Marlowe Wax using his scooter was great. He wanted in on the defensive huddles during TOs.

Finally, my only other observation...Yassin Willis is a caged beast pacing on the sidelines. You can see why he and FB were made for each other. The passion he even has for playing on STs is contagious. He's going to make some defenders feel his wrath this year. I get why Nixon is getting more playing time, especially with his versatility out of the backfield, but there are going to be some fourth quarters this year where Willis really helps us.

Sitting behind the SU bench and very impressed by the coaching that happens on the sideline. Kyle takes such ownership of any mistake he makes. The group is very tight. And Kyle is a man on a mission.

I was super impressed when after Villari had that second drop, he was killing himself...Fran ran out to him, settled him down and encouraged him. After he had a big grab later on, FB immediately went up to him with a "that's what you can do." FB seems to know when to be fiery and yelling and when guys need encouragement.

Also Marlowe Wax using his scooter was great. He wanted in on the defensive huddles during TOs.

Finally, my only other observation...Yassin Willis is a caged beast pacing on the sidelines. You can see why he and FB were made for each other. The passion he even has for playing on STs is contagious. He's going to make some defenders feel his wrath this year. I get why Nixon is getting more playing time, especially with his versatility out of the backfield, but there are going to be some fourth quarters this year where Willis really helps us.

they need to find Willis some snaps. Yeah I get how important LaQuint is to this team, but man, there are more yards to be had that he just doesn’t see. In my opinion we can upgrade the spot..

they need to find Willis some snaps. Yeah I get how important LaQuint is to this team, but man, there are more yards to be had that he just doesn’t see. In my opinion we can upgrade the spot..
Oh ffs he’s second in the conference in yds from scrimmage. He’s perfect for this offense. His usage is down, but after yesterday he’s averaging 6.03 per carry.

Dogging Allen is ridiculous

Last edited:
LaQuint sliding on the final run.

McCord correcting himself in the post game presser from saying “I” to “We”.

Those are two things that players do and say with the team and head coach in mind.

Also want to point out that Marrone used to find ways to motivate the team every week when he was here. Remember the “they stole your lunch money” story? It seems gimmicky, but it works.
Truth though, that slide was a “no I in team” move

Oh ffs he’s second in the conference in yds from scrimmage. He’s perfect for this offense. His usage is down, but after yesterday he’s averaging 6.03 per carry.

I didn’t see it as a shot to LA, rather a compliment to Willis. Think he’s that good and we don’t want to lose him, gotta find him some PT

No one’s dogging him. He’s a good, not great running back. His pass catching is superb. Hopefully it doesn’t come back to bite them when he puts his shoulder down for 1 when he could’ve bounced it outside for 6.

Laquint is averaging over 6 yards per carry, is sixth among ACC backs in rushing yardage per game and second in total offense. (Rushing and receiving) A few of the running backs ahead of him in rushing yards have played one or two tomato cans. We have played two competent teams . He doesn’t fumble and has been very good on pass blocking. Last week he got just about 25% of our snaps and Nixon is getting lots of opportunities too. Nixon is very similar in skill set and ability which makes it easy to plug him in. I expect to see Willis more in the next few weeks Assuming we have a lead.

No one’s dogging him. He’s a good, not great running back. His pass catching is superb. Hopefully it doesn’t come back to bite them when he puts his shoulder down for 1 when he could’ve bounced it outside for 6.
LQA has been interesting for me. No beef about numbers but in viewing he seems to have left some meat on the bone. Better receiver than runner for me.

From what I see from my seat having played through Freshman year of Football (High School) OK I'll be quiet now go team

LQA has been interesting for me. No beef about numbers but in viewing he seems to have left some meat on the bone. Better receiver than runner for me.

Yep. This and what OttoinGrotto said is what I also see and what I was trying to say.

Agree that they need to find Willis some snaps. Don't want to see a kid like him bolting because he didn't get opportunities.

Thought it was weird Nixon seemingly played more than LQA.

Nixon is pretty great too.

I guess these are good problems to have, but it's a delicate matter when coaches kids are involved.

Laquint is averaging over 6 yards per carry, is sixth among ACC backs in rushing yardage per game and second in total offense. (Rushing and receiving) A few of the running backs ahead of him in rushing yards have played one or two tomato cans. We have played two competent teams . He doesn’t fumble and has been very good on pass blocking. Last week he got just about 25% of our snaps and Nixon is getting lots of opportunities too. Nixon is very similar in skill set and ability which makes it easy to plug him in. I expect to see Willis more in the next few weeks Assuming we have a lead.
We have 3 excellent RB’s and only one ball. It’s a great problem to have. I have to believe that Willis will get some run this year. Maybe just not as much as the other two right now. He’s a true freshman even though a very talented one.

Willis will get plenty of reps against Holy Cross. I expect him to run for over 100 yards as they will look to preserve LQA as much as possible.

Agree that they need to find Willis some snaps. Don't want to see a kid like him bolting because he didn't get opportunities.

Thought it was weird Nixon seemingly played more than LQA.

Nixon is pretty great too.

I guess these are good problems to have, but it's a delicate matter when coaches kids are involved.
VS GT

64 snaps for LQA

21 snaps for Nixon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors