Two years in a row of improbable randomness... | Syracusefan.com

Two years in a row of improbable randomness...

cto

Administrator
Last year I was the big winner in Nuzzi's Super Bowl pool... because the Giants scored a TD in the last minute... and went for a 2-pt conversion which they did not make. If they had kicked a PAT, I would not have won. I actually did not realize I had won... until people starting sending me messages.

This year I was the big winner because the Ravens purposely allowed a safety with 4 seconds to go. And contrary to what some have suggested, I did not have John Harbaugh's ear in calling that play. And once again, I did not realize I had won until Consigliere sent me a Facebook message.

Just two improbable last-minute scoring things. But I am not complaining.

Last year I was the big winner in Nuzzi's Super Bowl pool... because the Giants scored a TD in the last minute... and went for a 2-pt conversion which they did not make. If they had kicked a PAT, I would not have won. I actually did not realize I had won... until people starting sending me messages.

This year I was the big winner because the Ravens purposely allowed a safety with 4 seconds to go. And contrary to what some have suggested, I did not have John Harbaugh's ear in calling that play. And once again, I did not realize I had won until Consigliere sent me a Facebook message.

I won last year on that play at my local pub. I was home and my friends kept texting me to tell me to come out to retrieve the money. After a few convincing messages, I headed out and retrieved a good sum. No luck this year, though. Congrats on the back-to-back wins!

Hoot!
I would have had it with an SF score and PAT. Arrrrrgh!