Tyler Ennis: A Star for 'Cuse | Syracusefan.com

Tyler Ennis: A Star for 'Cuse

arbitragegls

All Conference
According to recent ESPN article, Tyler is terrific:

ith many expecting sophomore point guard Michael Carter-Williams to leave Syracuse for the NBA after the season, the pressure could very well be on incoming freshman Tyler Ennis-- ESPN's No. 38 recruit in 2013 -- to fill some mighty big shoes next season.

At 6-foot-2, 180-pounds, Ennis may not have the size or length like that of Carter-Williams, but he can impact the game in many ways similar to the way Carter-Williams has this season.

In fact, Paul Biancardi of Recruiting Nation regards Ennis as the most versatile point guard in the class of 2013. Here's Biancardi with more on that.

biancardi_paul_30.jpg
Paul Biancardi

Multi-talented Ennis is hard to stop
"Ennis has a knack for being able to handle a fast-paced game or a slowdown half-court affair. He’s quite comfortable leading the break, running the offense or making the assist. He can drive and either find an open teammate on the perimeter or make a drop-off pass to the big man. He ignites the offense with his playmaking abilities, but he has the scoring instincts to break off the play and make a basket at just the right time. He also scores from a variety of spots on the floor -- at the rim on drives, in the paint with a floater or from the perimeter with his jumper -- and is a crafty offensive player."

I hope he is ready beacuse he will have to deal with 40 minutes of hell in November in Maui vs. Arkansas

I hope he is ready beacuse he will have to deal with 40 minutes of hell in November in Maui vs. Arkansas

I don't know about that. Nolan Richardson ain't walking through that door.

But can he drive and kick out to an open player on the opposing team?

Can he lose his dribble when going around his back? That is pure talent right there buddy.

MCW was rated really high as well... I really wish we didn't get all excited about incoming freshmen. I do it as well and it keeps biting us in the rear. A lot of folks are excited about next year. I am not. We lose a lot this year. I believe CJ may leave as well. If he doesn't we are super thin at guard and still have no 3 pt shooting. I hope I am way wrong.

Can he shoot? Basketball games are won by scoring more points than the other team, aka making shots, ie being able to shoot. IMO iirc fwiw mcw (LOL) was a shooter too coming out.

MCW was rated really high as well... I really wish we didn't get all excited about incoming freshmen. I do it as well and it keeps biting us in the rear. A lot of folks are excited about next year. I am not. We lose a lot this year. I believe CJ may leave as well. If he doesn't we are super thin at guard and still have no 3 pt shooting. I hope I am way wrong.

Where is he going?? Am I missing something here?? Why would he leave this year to be drafted in the second round when he's already a projected top 20 pick in the 2014 draft, and can possibly play himself into being a lottery pick along with Jerami Grant?

MCW was rated really high as well... I really wish we didn't get all excited about incoming freshmen. I do it as well and it keeps biting us in the rear.

We were tremendously spoiled by GMac, Carmelo, and Billy. One of the youngest - perhaps THE youngest? - teams to ever win a National Championship.

Where is he going?? Am I missing something here?? Why would he leave this year to be drafted in the second round when he's already a projected top 20 pick in the 2014 draft, and can possibly play himself into being a lottery pick along with Jerami Grant?
CJ is our best player, much less talent has left before (Greene/Harris/Devendorff etc). I really hope he doesn't. He could have a monster year if he stays.

We need more Canadians

CJ is our best player, much less talent has left before (Greene/Harris/Devendorff etc). I really hope he doesn't. He could have a monster year if he stays.

I can agree with you on Harris and Devendorf, but Greene had much more talent than CJ. He just never put it all together the way CJ has. CJ is a great college player, but he's a very limited NBA prospect in his current state.

imo, cj has developed the isolation game only thing stopping him is the nba 3 point distance . cj does it all on the floor.

mike would benefit from another year. Big time.

I can agree with you on Harris and Devendorf, but Greene had much more talent than CJ. He just never put it all together the way CJ has. CJ is a great college player, but he's a very limited NBA prospect in his current state.

Agreed. CJ is so solid but he isn't overly quick and can only go left. His handle is OK but it's not NBA level. He's also going to be a tweener when he measures out to probably 6'6ish w/o shoes, imo.

CJ will ultimately end up being shittier version of paul pierce at the next level.

Happens every year! And when the forsh don't produce it's JB's fault.

Greene was always leaving after his 1st year. Harris never advanced or produced as expected and many thought he was going to lose playing time to Joseph his sr year. Devendorf was going to be a 5th year sr with a family to support. Which of those senerios does CJ fall under? Plus his stock will only rise higher when he is the #1 option.

40 minutes of hell for fans and players. Any air conditioning? This is going to be hell for the Alaskan's watching the game.