Tyler Ennis is a poor man's Jeremy Lin | Syracusefan.com

Tyler Ennis is a poor man's Jeremy Lin

OrangeFoo

All American
Both big guards with limited athleticism known for supposedly being able to run an offense when secretly neither guy is that good at running an offense. Lin is actually a better shooter, more fluid offensively, more aggressive and better finishing at the hoop... Ennis is probably a better athlete. Lin is a backup bench guard with a good day here and there where he goes for 20. NBA defenses can shut down Lin if they want to and he can't guard anyone... I suspect same will be true of Ennis. This is what Ennis today as a freshman is not saying he won't get better... But that doesn't scream lottery pick to me.

Teams in the lottery stay in the lottery because most lottery picks don't work out. You have to pick somebody.

Ennis can't shoot yet. That's why he was open at the top of the key last night. Shabazz Napier is a better player right now.

Tyler Ennis NBA comp is Mike Conley Jr. of the Memphis Grizzlies. Lin isn't the passer Ennis can be. Ennis is good enough to play in the NBA because he is a true PG who passes first and only gets his offense when its open or his team needs it.

Tyler Ennis NBA comp is Mike Conley Jr. of the Memphis Grizzlies. Lin isn't the passer Ennis can be. Ennis is good enough to play in the NBA because he is a true PG who passes first and only gets his offense when its open or his team needs it.
I said this in another thread but Mike Conley is 10x the athlete Ennis will ever be. Conley just needed to learn how to run a team which he has. This comparison is like comparing Cooney to James Harden... Both shoot a lot of threes.

I said this in another thread but Mike Conley is 10x the athlete Ennis will ever be. Conley just needed to learn how to run a team which he has. This comparison is like comparing Cooney to James Harden... Both shoot a lot of threes.
10x better athlete? Maybe Mike Conley Sr. but not Jr.
Conley is a little better athlete than Ennis but he is the player Ennis can be in the NBA.

In terms of quickness, it isn't even close between Conley and Ennis.

And I really don't think Ennis is that great of a passer to say that that's the reason the Lin comparison doesn't work.

I don't really see Lin either, but I really don't believe Ennis projects to be anything more than a below-average starter or a solid PG off the bench. As others have said, he's not a great shooter, finisher, athlete, defender, or passer. He just knows how to play the game, but that only gets you so far. I'd rather take a guy that has the skills but hasn't figured the game out yet than a guy that has figured out the game but doesn't have the skills.