Tyson Chandler not playing tonight for "personal reason"......what? | Syracusefan.com

Tyson Chandler not playing tonight for "personal reason"......what?

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
It's funny how things have changed in the course of my lifetime. It was nearly unheard of in days gone by to have someone take a day off in sports for a personal reason in the heat of chasing for a berth in the playoffs.

Thanks to a weak Eastern Conference the Knicks are in such a position despite being 16 games under 500.

Currently the race for 8th place is a four way battle

8 Hawks 26-35
9 Pistons 24-39...3
10 Knicks 24-40 3.5
11 Cavs 24-20 3.5

In the other world I lived in the commentators would be all over the player. Tonight neither Clyde nor Trautwig expressed any displeasure with the decision.

It's funny how things have changed in the course of my lifetime. It was nearly unheard of in days gone by to have someone take a day off in sports for a personal reason in the heat of chasing for a berth in the playoffs.

Thanks to a weak Eastern Conference the Knicks are in such a position despite being 16 games under 500.

Currently the race for 8th place is a four way battle

8 Hawks 26-35
9 Pistons 24-39...3
10 Knicks 24-40 3.5
11 Cavs 24-20 3.5

In the other world I lived in the commentators would be all over the player. Tonight neither Clyde nor Trautwig expressed any displeasure with the decision.

Were this baseball and were Tyson Chandler a Met, you could bank on one of the team's broadcasters expressing displeasure with the decision.

(I think the broadcaster in question grew up in that 'other world' you lived in. He'd probably "like" this post.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom