UAlbany 21, Harvard 18 | Syracusefan.com

UAlbany 21, Harvard 18

Paul Carcaterra ‏@paulcarcaterra
Albany 3 TD's-Harvard 18. Lyle 9 goals. Been watching college lacrosse for 30 years. Best offensive players...Gary Gait, M.Powell, and Lyle.

Not to take anything anyway from Lyle Thompson who is definitely one of the best lax players in the country but Albany's schedule is god awful. There conference is one of the worst in Div 1 and the only decent team they have played so far is Cornell who blew them out. The real culprit is Scott Marr, 5 years of the Thompsons and he cant surround them with even a semblance of a defense? What a waste. 3 years he had all Three Thompsons and they have exactly 1 tourney win.

Wow. Harvard scored 18 freaking goals. Yikes. Doesn't bode well for next Thursday

I need to look up if lacrosse has some type of RPI. Although I'm sure OX will find it before I have breakfast.

Wow. Harvard scored 18 freaking goals. Yikes. Doesn't bode well for next Thursday

I need to look up if lacrosse has some type of RPI. Although I'm sure OX will find it before I have breakfast.
http://www.laxpower.com/update15/binmen/rpi01.php

This isn't official NCAA, but it should be very close. Also available here are computer rankings, SOS, Quality Wins, etc.

I could be wrong, but I don't think the NCAA has released their official RPI yet. For example, the first release of the NCAA's RPI was on April 16th.

If anyone comes across the highlights please post. I couldn't find anything this morning

If anyone comes across the highlights please post. I couldn't find anything this morning

No TV, the only video feed was the Ivy League Network. Albany has zero nationally televised games this year. Another great job by that school.

No TV, the only video feed was the Ivy League Network. Albany has zero nationally televised games this year. Another great job by that school.
Agreed I did see that the Ivy League had posted highlights from previous games. Hoping they continue.

Agreed I did see that the Ivy League had posted highlights from previous games. Hoping they continue.

There are highlights on youtube of the game but its a Harvard production so its mostly there highlights with a few Lyle Thompson goals.

There are highlights on youtube of the game but its a Harvard production so its mostly there highlights with a few Lyle Thompson goals.
That's the worst. Glad Cuse shows them all.

What doesn't bode well?

Harvard has been top 10 most of this year in scoring.
Interesting. didn't know that. 14th hardest SOS not too shabby either. Bottom line, Albany def. vs. Cuse offense is a mismatch of mammoth proportions.

Interesting. didn't know that. 14th hardest SOS not too shabby either. Bottom line, Albany def. vs. Cuse offense is a mismatch of mammoth proportions.

Honestly SU should score 20+ goals in that game especially if Staats is back. The SU midfield should be scoring at will vs Albany.

Honestly SU should score 20+ goals in that game especially if Staats is back. The SU midfield should be scoring at will vs Albany.
If we weren't absolutely putrid on Man up you would have been spot on Jeremy. This team is like Kentucky Basketball. Almost an unfair amount of weapons.

If we weren't absolutely putrid on Man up you would have been spot on Jeremy. This team is like Kentucky Basketball. Almost an unfair amount of weapons.

DeJoe can absolutely sling it when he has space on Man Up. If he could only locate the cage...

Agree 100%. ; Really wish Walters was still on the team. Kid had a rocket shot and could put it on cage. Dejoe just has zero accuracy. Still 17 goals without Staats and a dozen+ turnovers is impressive as hell

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom