UCF on Cuse Schedule? | Syracusefan.com

UCF on Cuse Schedule?

also we do need a home game to fill out our schedule so it works

Tough 11th game Mark with Tulane being the only bad team of 12 games. You did remind me of something though, would the new HC want to have an OC like this?

Tough 11th game Mark with Tulane being the only bad team of 12 games. You did remind me of something though, would the new HC want to have an OC like this?

Bump: This got lost in the Shafer/BCS game hoopla.

If UCF is willing to come to the Dome next year...I don't see it as an impossible task. UCF literally has never defeated a BCS school with a winning record for the season. They are fluffed up a bit with their CUSA schedule. Could we lose? Sure, but if we did I'd wory we were headed for a losing season. I think 6 or 7 wins next year is my opening bid for Shafer.

Having FSU on the schedule we should look at scheduling teams opposite FSU so we are playing every year in Florida. USF, UCF, FAU and FIU are your teams available to schedule. The first two would be home and home's. The latter two TBD. These four schools are actually better located to our recruits than FSU. Tallahassee is very remote in Florida...it is 480 miles from Miami. That is the equivalent of driving from Syracuse to Richmond, VA.

map.GIF

Bump: This got lost in the Shafer/BCS game hoopla.

If UCF is willing to come to the Dome next year...I don't see it as an impossible task. UCF literally has never defeated a BCS school with a winning record for the season. They are fluffed up a bit with their CUSA schedule. Could we lose? Sure, but if we did I'd wory we were headed for a losing season. I think 6 or 7 wins next year is my opening bid for Shafer.

Having FSU on the schedule we should look at scheduling teams opposite FSU so we are playing every year in Florida. USF, UCF, FAU and FIU are your teams available to schedule. The first two would be home and home's. The latter two TBD. These four schools are actually better located to our recruits than FSU. Tallahassee is very remote in Florida...it is 480 miles from Miami. That is the equivalent of driving from Syracuse to Richmond, VA.

map.GIF

If we play CFU, it has to be 2-1. We should not be doing 1-1's with a team like that.

If we play CFU, it has to be 2-1. We should not be doing 1-1's with a team like that.
Pitt signed a 1 for 1 with Buffalo, Rutgirls signed a 1 for 1 with FIU

UCF won't go for a 2 for 1 anymore with a Cuse...supply and demand.

I thought the schedule was set for next year minus the 1AA team? NO reason to schedule UCF we allready have PSU, NW, FSU, Clemson and with our luck maybe Va Tech. I think thats enough.

Pitt signed a 1 for 1 with Buffalo, Rutgirls signed a 1 for 1 with FIU

UCF won't go for a 2 for 1 anymore with a Cuse...supply and demand.
Too bad. Let them play a MAC team. We shouldn't play into their inflated sense of worth.

Too bad. Let them play a MAC team. We shouldn't play into their inflated sense of worth.
Not sure all the UCF hate...they usually come close to filling their 40k seat stadium. They have awesome tailgating...but more important to Cuse: Located near our FL recruits and tons of Cuse Transplants. We had easily 5k+ fans in Tampa last Fall.

I don't feel bad giving a home and home to UCF especially if they are willing to fill a home date this Fall. Texas played an away game at Wyoming on a home n home...after we bailed on Wyoming.

Not sure all the UCF hate...they usually come close to filling their 40k seat stadium. They have awesome tailgating...but more important to Cuse: Located near our FL recruits and tons of Cuse Transplants. We had easily 5k+ fans in Tampa last Fall.

I don't feel bad giving a home and home to UCF especially if they are willing to fill a home date this Fall. Texas played an away game at Wyoming on a home n home...after we bailed on Wyoming.
I don't hate UCF. I just don't think we should have to give them a home and home. We're better than that now. ;)

We hated Penn State for wanting to 6-4 with us.

Besides, isn't UCF coached by none other than George O'Leary, ex-coach of Liverpool HS and asst coach at SU? He went on to win the NC at GaTech, then coached Notre Dame for like 5 days. Quite the career.

We hated Penn State for wanting to 6-4 with us.

Besides, isn't UCF coached by none other than George O'Leary, ex-coach of Liverpool HS and asst coach at SU? He went on to win the NC at GaTech, then coached Notre Dame for like 5 days. Quite the career.
That's OK - let them hate us.

we need soften up that OCC...no exCUSE not to make a bowl every year from here on out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom