UConn 3 straight losing seasons and a garbage can for a conference | Syracusefan.com

UConn 3 straight losing seasons and a garbage can for a conference

Cuseball

Starter
For some reason their absolute lack of a future brings me joy after a tough workday. Watching their bald nut job of a coach get technicals while they lose to Tulsa, South Florida, Tulane and Temple would be fun too but they are never on TV so I can’t really enjoy that. Complete afterthought, no longer relevant and without hope for the future...that describes it for the once proud and soon to be forgotten nutmeggers.

Cuse!

df7eja.jpg

Yeah but atleast they can live in their history and collect 6 mill a year

Who cares

We won’t play them anymore
They aren’t even close to relevant in the national landscape
They’re not and probably never will be in a P5.

They’re old news and they know it

I really dislike Hurley. All the antics and for what!? Guy is a total jerk.

More than the money and “bags” and all that... when I see goofballs like that in charge of leading young men, I really take note of what a farce D-1 college b-ball is.

I dislike UConn as much as the rest of us, but why exactly do we need a thread here about them?

As you said we aren't playing them in the foreseeable future, and aside from competing with a few recruits, you won't see them in the news. There are bigger fish to fry.

I dislike UConn as much as the rest of us, but why exactly do we need a thread here about them?

As you said we aren't playing them in the foreseeable future, and aside from competing with a few recruits, you won't see them in the news. There are bigger fish to fry.

you guys need to take it easy on Yukon. I have it on good authority that the men have their own locker room in the women's practice facility. and they spend almost as much on their men's team as they do on the women.

you guys need to take it easy on Yukon. I have it on good authority that the men have their own locker room in the women's practice facility. and they spend almost as much on their men's team as they do on the women.
Uconn wanted desperately to become a member of the ACC. It was their lifeline and they knew it. Unfortunately the next ACC expansion (and likely last one) will include full membership for Notre Dame and whoever they decide they want to bring along. I don't see Uconn in that equation. And the ACC is perfectly content to wait for it to play out.

It sucks being a Syracuse fan opposed to a Uconn fan. You know we only got the ACC network coming this summer. We only have the national champions at Football and Basketball coming to the Dome this year. Then probably little teams like North Carolina at hoops at home. That Friday night game against Pittsburgh in football at the Dome on ESPN is probably gonna be a boring game to go to. I wish we had Uconns budget. We are only putting 120 million into our stadium. I wish we played real teams like Tulsa,Tulane, and Temple. I wanna go to those games in Connecticut, said no one ever! Keep living in the past Connecticut!

I still don't like they've beaten us lately.
They beat us in a mid 50s slug fest (more like 2 pathetic offenses) 3 years ago and last year they had 2 scrubs go off for career games, shot lights out from 3, Frank didn’t play - and we still should have won. They were a “bad loss” on our resume.

We lost to Old Dominion last year too. Bad losses happen. It’s bigger for UConn than it is for us. We see Duke UNC UVA every year.

They beat us in a mid 50s slug fest (more like 2 pathetic offenses) 3 years ago and last year they had 2 scrubs go off for career games, shot lights out from 3, Frank didn’t play - and we still should have won. They were a “bad loss” on our resume.

We lost to Old Dominion last year too. Bad losses happen. It’s bigger for UConn than it is for us. We see Duke UNC UVA every year.
Not arguing any of that simply saying the first three words of your post are bothersome. Some of our big wins recently could have the same caveats.

The “Rutgers Dumpster Fire” thread says: