Uconn board pipedream? | Syracusefan.com

Uconn board pipedream?

SUATO92

Walk On
I have seen it brought up more than once on the uconn board that since SU and Pitt will be around while the new media deal is being renegotiated that maybe we'd rethink going to the ACC and stick with the BE. What are they smoking over there?

HartbeatHusky said: ↑
Now that article is definitely encouraging. The positivity is refreshing and reflects the reality that the BE might come out of this as a bigger, better football conference. I could honestly see a scenario where Pitt and Cuse stay put if all of this comes to fruition. With Pitt and Cuse this conference with 14 Football members and 19 basketball members would surely be looking at Pac 12 type of money.

HH forgets that it would cost SU $20 million to get out of the ACC at this point...I dont think Pitt or SU is going anywhere but the ACC.

About as good a chance as this...

not-a-chance-funny-funny-pictures-1291655710.jpg

I just don't get where the idea comes from that this ragtag collection of teams will get Pac 12 type money. If the additions were that significant wouldn't that be the case for the conference they are already in? Also I've read over and over again on the uconn and wv boards that SU and Pitt were no big loss. So why would they need us to hang around for 27 months to try and piggyback off of non-existent prestige factor?

As far as I can tell, there is no minimum age limit on posting.

You've gotta assume some of these ideas are coming from the High School or younger crowd.

Do they realize Pac-12 football is MUCH better than BE?

Oh and also how Basketball generates like 1/6 the money football does?

Sorta sounds like how BE fans were hoping BC would return to the Big East after they left...or the PSU or ND to the Big East pipe dream.

Sorta sounds like how BE fans were hoping BC would return to the Big East after they left...or the PSU or ND to the Big East pipe dream.
exactly - SU fans have been posting scenarios and asking if the BE could get PSU to leave the B10 and/or BCU & Maryland to defect from the ACC for years - seems there's some naive folks on just about every message board

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom