UCONN fans debating whether to rush court or not Saturday | Syracusefan.com

UCONN fans debating whether to rush court or not Saturday

I think CTO should rush the court when we win. Alone on the big Husky on center court like TO did with the Dallas Cowboy star.

You have to give it to UConn, although they might not get the results they want, they sure are a scrappy little team. :D

They're going to be sky high when we come in there. Gameday crowd, and a team with lots of balance and talent that many regard as a sleeping giant. When we played them in the Dome, Boatright and Napier went 6 for 8 from 3. They shot 42% from outside even with Lamb going 2-10. You can bet he's not going 2-10 at home.

What kept them in the game, however, was Drummond inside. I wouldn't necessarily say that he dominated Fab (who logged only 22 minutes with fouls). But his 13/7 gave them good balance -- our help-side defense will need to be good on Saturday.

Unfortunately for UConn, we also have excellent guards and they don't have an answer for CJF. I give SU the knod in this game (no court storming), but it will not be an easy out.

I think that is hysterical.

What defending national champion (and self-proclaimed best program in America) would rush the court after beating their rival? Just shows how much respect for us and good they really think we are.

I think they should. It may be the last game we play there. They will have nothing to play for next year since they wont be getting a tourney invite. This is their Super Bowl for the next two years. After that, they will be forced to look forward to games against UCF, DePaul, USF, SMU, Houston, Providence, Marq, SHU... Ugh. Yuck.

If there is a time to alter their expectations, Saturday is the best time to start.

They're going to be sky high when we come in there
I hope someone tells them that drugs aren't the answer. We will still beat them regardless of how much they smoke.

Rushing the court is for bottom to middle programs who rarely get big wins. I find the idea of the defending national champions doing it to be pathetic and sad.

Interesting fact about Blaney that I didnt know:

Blaney (while filling in for Jim Calhoun) made history at UConn on January 23, 2010 when his Connecticut Huskies defeated the No. 1 ranked University of Texas Longhorns 88-74. It marked the first time that an opponent had come to Gampel Pavilion ranked first in the nation, and was subsequently the first time UConn ousted the nation's top team at home.