UConn Odd Man Out Again? | Syracusefan.com

UConn Odd Man Out Again?

I think it's more about recruiting for us playing those 3 schools (New York, Philly, DC/Baltimore)

Playing UConn does nothing for us anymore so I don't a SU/ UConn matchup coming unless it's in a pre- conf. tourney or the NCAA tourney

Pretty sure this board had that nailed about six months or so ago. No reason to play Yukon unless we were playing them at MSG instead of St Johns. Nova and Georgetown are no brainers.

I've thought it would be great to set up a Red River Rivalry type game at MSG with UConn where you cut MSG in half and each school sells half the tickets. That could be a great atmosphere.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

UConn-SU at MSG down the road would make sense if a regular St. John's series doesn't materialize.

With JB regularly having Syracuse play in the Jimmy V Classic in MSG that is the only locale I could see Syracuse-UConn playing again in. UConn won't be in the ACC in the foreseeable future and we will never play them in CT except if they were a conference game which they won't be, but I could totally see a MSG showdown occasionally as both fanbases would fill that arena up and since the proceeds go to charity would help the V Foundation.

Series with:

SJU check
Nova check
GTown probably check
UConn not a peep

Exactly. Let UConn fall back to where they were when Dom Perno was the coach. A nice New England mid-major. It's not like we need to play them to get news coverage in our recruiting hotbeds. That's what St. John's and Nova and G'town are for. We don't have to play any of the rest of the old gang, as far as I'm concerned.

Exactly. Let UConn fall back to where they were when Dom Perno was the coach. A nice New England mid-major. It's not like we need to play them to get news coverage in our recruiting hotbeds. That's what St. John's and Nova and G'town are for. We don't have to play any of the rest of the old gang, as far as I'm concerned.
A little school in the backwoods of New England. Not even a great urban center in close proximity to generate lasting fanatic fans. This will be "right-sizing" and water seeking its own level. Give UConn credit, they got a lot out of their out-of-body big-time experience. UMass went back to obsurity much quicker. The level UMass is at now, is UConn's natural level.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom