UConn Own MSG Last Night? | Syracusefan.com

UConn Own MSG Last Night?

Attendance was listed as 11,840.
Katz says in an article today that MSG was happy with the turnout for the game, which MSG personnel were looking at closely to judge whether the new version of the Big East will have enough fans to justify using MSG for the BET.

But if close to/more than half the fans there were NC State fans, it certainly wasn't a great turnout by UConn fans.

I would hate to see the BET being played in Hartford or Memphis. That would be really sad.

It was a doubleheader with Georgetown and Texas.

That's even sadder.

Cuse pisses off NCSt fans for bringing a ton a fans to Raleigh last year.

Some debate if UConn even outnumbered NCSt at MSG last night
http://the-boneyard.com/threads/walking-out-of-msg.29458/

NCSt fans mocked UConn fans after game about not getting invited to the ACC.

Anybody know how full MSG was? The GTown prelim looked empty.

Official attendance at the NCSt - UConn game was 11,840. Capacity is 19,763 for basketball.
Uconn at least included the attendance in their box score. Georgetown didn't even publish the attendance on theirs but as you said their game was pretty close to empty. Sad showing. I would think that Madison Square Garden would track attendance for both games separately but I really don't know.

Double headers always publish attendance in the second game only. Including MLB.

Is Georgetown's defense that good...or are there opponents just really bad? Teams are having trouble breaking 40 against them.

Texas certainly looked that bad. I didn't see their other game.

When cuse played michigan st in the jimmy v classic 2 years ago msg was jam packed and LOUD. I remember texting my friend its like a knick playoff game. Definitely the best atmosphere I've seen for a cuse game at garden (only been to 1 big east tourny game but pretty much every other cuse msg game last 10 years)

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

When cuse played michigan st in the jimmy v classic 2 years ago msg was jam packed and LOUD. I remember texting my friend its like a knick playoff game. Definitely the best atmosphere I've seen for a cuse game at garden (only been to 1 big east tourny game but pretty much every other cuse msg game last 10 years)

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

That attendance was 19,391.

Is Georgetown's defense that good...or are there opponents just really bad? Teams are having trouble breaking 40 against them.
Who has? UCLA put up 70 in a losing effort. Indiana put up 82. They held Tennessee to 36 but they only scored 37 themselves. Yes they held Texas down last night, but this is the same Texas team that lost to Chaminade and scored 53 points in an OT game vs. USC.

UConn forums been full of depressed fans talking about how they're seeing some of the lowest attendance in team history.

Can't say we didn't see this coming. Been a Perfect Storm of bad news for UConn lately.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom