UConn practice report | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

UConn practice report

Riveting info there from UCONN, sure wish I could get some of that!! wow

No. Saying that Doug Marrone is "flushing the program down the toilet" is not exactly subtle.
i also said if he finds a offense he should get more time-
and what would you call another year of no offense from him-if not flushing what?

this is the year -no way around it-he is a lame duck

i also said if he finds a offense he should get more time-
and what would you call another year of no offense from him-if not flushing what?

this is the year -no way around it-he is a lame duck

Lame Duck means he's already out the door.

say it all you want ib-it aint true

this is already going to be a bad attendance season based on 5 games and a lack of fan support-gross cant afford to lose the whole fan base by not doing anything when another guy he picked is flushing the program down the toilet-

if marrone hasnt started to show some positive change this year it could be his last-

to me what it comes down to -can he find a offense-if we only win 5 but we score points on teams he gets another year-if we still see the lame "dead horse" offense again this year-its time to cut our loss's and move on

2 more years minimum, like I said we gave the worst coach in history 4 years, Marrone is pretty close to .500 after three years, sure it's not great but definitely an improvement from where we were. People talking as if his back is up against the wall, bowl game or fire him aren't going to be happy. He isn't on the hot seat despite what people may believe and in addition the schedule isn't stacked in his favor. On top of that, Syracuse isn't going to buck up for a big name coach, they just won't, sorry to disappoint you. Sure, he has a ton of work to do but he will get 2 more years minimum, like I said GROB got 4 years under the same admin, Marrone will surely get more time than that, Syracuse can't just can coaches because there is serious financial impact although I bet you are one of those guys that thinks Srracuse athletics is rolling in it because of the $6.00 beers!! and like I said, how I feel about it has nothing to do with it, sure I donate but nobody will listen to me, thank god

WOW-did i say pay for a big name? man dont ever remember even sniffing that one-so how in the hell is that supposed to disappoint me?

i also dont drink-so i could give a baboons red backside about beer sales-i

already got the schedule excuse in the bullpen getting warmed up i see

and if you think gross is extending him with another sub par offense-your as insane as robinson and his stuffed toy-

i love the armchair physiologists-read nothing into something in order to feel good about your opinions -

at least quote what was written instead of what you think i might have meant

marrone must show improvement this year- without a extension he cant recruit

No it isn't... He will get two more years minimum, jesus we gave the worst coach in college football history 4 years... Yes, 4 years.

That doesn't mean you repeat a mistake that isn't working out. If he can't field a bowl team this year, he deserves to be out

That doesn't mean you repeat a mistake that isn't working out. If he can't field a bowl team this year, he deserves to be out

Don't know about that. HCDM deserves at least 2 years with a roster made up of his own players. For the school to even consider his release, it'd take a failure of epic proportions. I'm talking a winless season type of failure.

However, last season's meltdown surely shortened the amount of leash the fanbase has given to Marrone.

By all means ... let's chase Marrone out of town and hire a new coach while we're still operating on a "Big East" budget.

I hope Gross has the common sense to wait a few years until our exit fees are paid up and the ACC money starts rolling in before going coach shopping.

Don't know about that. HCDM deserves at least 2 years with a roster made up of his own players. For the school to even consider his release, it'd take a failure of epic proportions. I'm talking a winless season type of failure.

However, last season's meltdown surely shortened the amount of leash the fanbase has given to Marrone.

Losing your last five to not go to a bowl game is pretty epic. If he goes 4-8 or worse, he has to be done.