UConn's coaching staff ... how it works... | Syracusefan.com

UConn's coaching staff ... how it works...

cto

Administrator
Story about Assistant Coach Luke Murray (Bill's son) morphs into an interesting story about the workings of the entire UConn coaching staff.
Thanks for sharing. There’s been lots of discussions about Luke Murray in various UConn threads. Here’s another good article, written by Post Standard and Newhouse alum Michael Cohen. If we hadn’t hired Red, I’d advocate for hiring Murray in a heartbeat.

Why couldn’t we try to poach Murray as the assistant head coach?

Story about Assistant Coach Luke Murray (Bill Murray's son) morphs into an interesting story about the workings of the entire UConn coaching staff.
Thank you for sharing. Great read.

During Hurley's halftime interview, I remember thinking to myself, "Hurley thinks the game's over", based on his body language, tone of voice, what he said etc...

Thought it was a rather arrogant.

In fact, game played out exactly as that coaching staff believed it would. Edey went off in the first half and UConn still led at halftime because they shut everyone else out.

Game was over.

During Hurley's halftime interview, I remember thinking to myself, "Hurley thinks the game's over", based on his body language, tone of voice, what he said etc...

In fact, game played out exactly as that coaching staff believed it would. Edey went off in the first half and UConn still led at halftime because they shut everyone else out.

Game was over.
I was at a Bama bar for their game. Their fans were optimistic at halftime and all I could think was that they just shot 8/11 on 3’s and are losing. That’s not a good sign.

I was at a Bama bar for their game. Their fans were optimistic at halftime and all I could think was that they just shot 8/11 on 3’s and are losing. That’s not a good sign.
Thought the same thing at halftime.

They shot 3-12 in the second half and lost by 14.

Needed to shoot 8-12...highly improbable.

Why couldn’t we try to poach Murray as the assistant head coach?
It wouldn’t happen. His next job is to be a head coach. There are long term relationships involved, he has worked with Hurley before at Rhode Island and Wagner.

Game was over.
and NC State gave up their successful first half by trying to shut down Edey, thus freeing up everyone else--loss is on Keatts plate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom