ugh another crappy rendition | Syracusefan.com

ugh another crappy rendition

Marsh01

Living Legend
by another no talent singer. Christ just let the damn band play the anthem please.

Yeah, I was not very impressed, my choice would be to just let the bands play as well.

I'll probably get killed for this...but I think playing the national anthem before sporting events is asinine. WE don't play it at the start of a movie or a Broadway play, why the hell are we playing it before a basketball game?

I would be less bothered if singers didn't feel the need to put their own artistic spin on the damn thing, trying to make it last as long as "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" - nobody's there to hear you sing, jackass, just belt it out like it was written and get the hell off the court.

I'll probably get killed for this...but I think playing the national anthem before sporting events is asinine. WE don't play it at the start of a movie or a Broadway play, why the hell are we playing it before a basketball game?

I would be less bothered if singers didn't feel the need to put their own artistic spin on the damn thing, trying to make it last as long as "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" - nobody's there to hear you sing, jackass, just belt it out like it was written and get the hell off the court.
I dont disagree with this

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Commie!!! Go back where you came from!!!

by another no talent singer. Christ just let the damn band play the anthem please.
Not sure who they are rolling out for Monday night, but Monica was a good choice. She was very good friends with the late Whitney Houston which put her in the news, plus she is married to Phoenix Suns player, Shannon Brown. I thought she did a good job and I can be extremely critical. She is a real singer. It wasn't like they rolled out one of the Kardashian wannabees.

They should just play a recording of the Jimi Hendrix version from Woodstock and be done with it.

As much as I love my country, the patriotic songs during sporting events does little other than reinforcing the "us and them" mentality(which sports themselves tend to do the same), which is helpful when it's time to beat the war drums. It helps make everything black and white in the eyes of the masses, "you're either in or you're out". I know I'm either going to draw ire or bore folks with this, but it saddens me to think how far we have regressed in questioning our government and who really runs it since the 60's. And this board and the many like it are testament that Huxley was just as right as Orewell.

As much as I love my country, the patriotic songs during sporting events does little other than reinforcing the "us and them" mentality(which sports themselves tend to do the same), which is helpful when it's time to beat the war drums. It helps make everything black and white in the eyes of the masses, "you're either in or you're out". I know I'm either going to draw ire or bore folks with this, but it saddens me to think how far we have regressed in questioning our government and who really runs it since the 60's. And this board and the many like it are testament that Huxley was just as right as Orewell.
I'm still having a hard time understanding why school kids aren't allowed to do the pledge of allegiance in the morning. That was a rite of passage. Also, if you were there, how can anyone say that the Canadian national anthem sung on Kris Joseph's senior day wasn't touching. We need to feel that way when we hear our own.

Funny thing is, about the only time the national anthem is televised anymore is during championship events. Those minutes are normally used for advertising or for hyping the upcoming game.

Now take your hippie talk elsewhere. ;)

Monica did a capable job, but still chose to put her own spin on the delivery. When are these people going to learn that it's about the Anthem and not about them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom