Ugh | Syracusefan.com

Ugh

SoBeCuse

Living Legend
- Can't blame White for this one. Yes he was off. He made some good plays too. Although that was a terrible decision on that last 3 in OT.

- Def rebounding. Just awful especially in 2H. Too many times nobody ever bothered to account for Johnson as Fran said. They got some key offensive rebounds where we simply were watching.

- Offense was dreadful most of the game just like UL's was. Too much standing around. UL clearly played pretty poorly too.

- Gillon made the big three but he also made some bad plays. Can't lose the ball there at the end of regulation. He also had Lydon to his left wide open. This one hurts since UL didn't do much all game yet got all these freebie dunks/putbacks since we couldn't get a rebound.

Roberson at the line down two with little time left, just insane how bad he is from the line. I would have rather taken the ball out.

Not having Tyus really has hurt in these last two. Perimeter D suffers, and Frank just isn't as good an offensive option.

I don't remember a game like this handed to us on a silver platter. The most bizarre/easy offensive rebound putbacks for them. Mitchell fouled out. The press kinda worked. Had the ball for the last play of regulation and got nothing. Bad UL turnovers. Could go on and on.

I gained a new respect for Rak tonight. No doubt in my mind he grabs that board, even his sophomore or junior year, and sinks those free throws.

I gained a new respect for Rak tonight. No doubt in my mind he grabs that board, even his sophomore or junior year, and sinks those free throws.

Yup. Well said man. Or countless other def rebounds. It's a dunk/dunk putback highlight reel every game.

This will probably get mocked for being overboard, and probably it is, but this seemed like a top 3 stomach punch loss in the Dome. The only game I remember leaving the Dome more angry/pissed/bummed about was the furious comeback against Wichita State where we came back from maybe 20 down and lost at the very end.

Thought Frank was actually decent tonight - pretty disruptive on defense too. MVP for today!!!! lol

Thought Gillon was garbage for maybe 42 minutes of the game - in spite of the couple game saving threes, not sure I want the ball in his hands driving at the end of regulation. He was a bumbling mess most of that game.

Lydon....when will you be "the guy" to pull one out at the end???? He makes some of the stupidest end game plays ever. That turnover with 90 seconds left. Some of that stuff boggles my mind with him. Still seems content to just be on the court. He does produce though when he's involved, he baffles me too.

White, drove really well, finished well, shot terrible. I don't have a HUGE issue with the deep three, but I didn't love the shot. Oh wellz.

TT went beast mode on offense...that kid has a crazy knack for making shots. Loved the Gervin finger roll.

Battle...if he was healthy enough to start couldn't we have given him a Gatorade in the second half and at least got him a couple of minutes?

I wrongly predicted that he'd make the second one when trying to miss on purpose.

Boeheim besmirched him about that in the press conference also, which reminded me of JB ripping on Paul Harris for actually making one the one time he wasn't supposed to. Of course unlike the Paul Harris joke, I wasnt laughing at this one. I suppose both Boeheim and some fans on here were evoking the spirit of Paul Harris and trying to project it onto Roberson. Frank Howard, of all people, had an answer for JB and the posters in that camp, and showed them the true concept of a teammate.

I've some really shameful things posted on here in the past few days folks. Can we start supporting our guys and each other instead of this tearing down I've witnessed so much of in the last few days? Be mindful, this is a game, after all.

Thought Frank played over his head tonight despite 2 bad turnovers.
I think Frank played up towards his potential.

We forget quickly how sharp he looked at the end of last year. We need him to maintain the level he played at last night to have any chance of dancing.

At least he doesn't pound the ball into the floor for extended periods of time like Gillon.

I think Frank played up towards his potential.

We forget quickly how sharp he looked at the end of last year. We need him to maintain the level he played at last night to have any chance of dancing.

At least he doesn't pound the ball into the floor for extended periods of time like Gillon.

Yes...I mean did you folks hear how well the announcers spoke of Frank Howard? I think it probably caused a number of you to have ED and have to go to your medicine cabinets. ;) Before long they were comparing his prowess to that of baseball's Frank Howard.

And once again, Frank Howard may have made his most important contribution off the court. Out of everyone on the team or staff, he had the best words that I've heard regarding Robey and those free throws. Unlike Boeheim, Frank apparently has a no son left behind mentality, even though he was a bit late for the other 2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom