Uh-oh, Shabazz | Syracusefan.com

Uh-oh, Shabazz

T

tee1222

Please tell me he didn't get this from Lord & Taylor.
Seriously, a Gucci backpack?
I hate to cast the first stone, but this is just too damn funny.

The only criminal act going on here is Gucci charging between $1000-2400 for freaking backpacks.

This kid must be a complete idiot. Getting investigated once wasn't enough for you? "keep a low pro they said, don't get caught with gucci they said."

They updated the story after finding out his sister bought it for him. From the quote, she was pissed off. But still man, Gucci backpack? If I'm getting anything that extravagant a gift, it better be a motorcycle or something worth $2000.

Nah, nevermind, this is better:

They updated the story after finding out his sister bought it for him. From the quote, she was pissed off. But still man, Gucci backpack? If I'm getting anything that extravagant a gift, it better be a motorcycle or something worth $2000.
yea? whats she do? besides get paid by UCLA.

Article I read said she was a pro tennis player.
yea lol i just read that... guess the egg is all over my face on that one.

just checked her out.. her highest ranking... which was in '09 was 348... so yea I want to see her W2.

yea lol i just read that... guess the egg is all over my face on that one.

just checked her out.. her highest ranking... which was in '09 was 348... so yea I want to see her W2.
Without looking it up, I bet she's sponsored by Adidas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

well, couple things...on one hand, its stupid for him to draw attention to himself. dumb
on the other hand, if it really WAS a gift from his sister, and I were him..I'd be thinking " yeah im sporting this thing, why should I not be able to have nice things in public just because of the APPEARANCE of impropriety. It almost makes you look MORE guilty."

It's ridiculous that this became an issue, 'irregardless' of any previous inquiries. Is the NCAA sitting around google image-searching pictures of athletes and cross-checking the values of their possessions? And what is the baseline for 'suspicious extravagance?' It certainly must have something to do with race. I wonder if these geniuses in NCAA administration can tell the difference between a $35 pair of Levis and a $200 pair of Capital E Levis. Do athletes have to register their cars with the NCAA and declare values? A thousand dollar backpack is more upsetting than an $5,000 used car?

It's ridiculous that this became an issue, 'irregardless' of any previous inquiries. Is the NCAA sitting around google image-searching pictures of athletes and cross-checking the values of their possessions? And what is the baseline for 'suspicious extravagance?' It certainly must have something to do with race. I wonder if these geniuses in NCAA administration can tell the difference between a $35 pair of Levis and a $200 pair of Capital E Levis. Do athletes have to register their cars with the NCAA and declare values? A thousand dollar backpack is more upsetting than an $5,000 used car?

Totally agree. I don't think it was the NCAA, though. Pretty sure it was UCLA's compliance department that looked into it, and he was cleared. It seems like Pat Forde's job is to stir up trouble.

he was being interviewed by just about every major media outlet and had the back pack on. The media picked up on it. HUGE NOSED pat ford really jumped on it because he is a complete asshat.

Everywhere you go with him Adidas is there...It was a gift from Adidas.

i want to see his birth certificate, hes got grey hairs on his head and beard!

Yeah, absolutely. A $1,000 spent on a backpack is EXTRAVAGANT. $5,000 spent on a used car is on the low side of average for a kid his age. It's not that he couldn't possible have $1,000 available to him to spend, but how many people regardless of means spend that wildly on something of that nature.

An expensive spend on a backpack might be $100. This one is 10x that amount. An expensive car might be $50-$60 grand, now show up driving a brand new Roll Royce Phantom one that is 10x that value.....shouldn't it raise eyebrows?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom