Uh - Oh... | Syracusefan.com

Uh - Oh...

OrangeinBoston

All Conference
From the PS today: Jones may test draft waters
Look for junior defensive end Chandler Jones to test his value in the upcoming NFL draft. Jones, a second-team All-Big East selection in 2010, can do so and still withdraw and return to school as long as he does not sign with an agent. If he signs his college career will be over.

There is nothing wrong with Chandler testing his market value. Good for him. Bad for SU.

Hell, after this past season's collapse, who can blame him?

I've said I thought this would happen... Can't see why he returns if he gets 4-5th rd assurances... Our veteran defense for next year could be young yet again... Not good!

I agree, if he gets positive feedback and is comfortable where he would be drafted, he should go. I am sure the knee inury has him thinking a bit as well. I would imagine that he will get his degree in May as well.

This happens and will put marrone's recruiting on display once again. Are people ready to step up? I hope Simmons has been crushing it in the weight room again I believe Simmons is the prototypical Marrone recruit, great athlete but needs a minimun 2 years in the S&C program to be ready.

There is nothing wrong with Chandler testing his market value. Good for him. Bad for SU.

Hell, after this past season's collapse, who can blame him?
agree - smart move on his part - I don't blame him one bit

if he comes out then that should bring the total # of Syracuse players drafted this year up to one

From the PS today: Jones may test draft waters
Look for junior defensive end Chandler Jones to test his value in the upcoming NFL draft. Jones, a second-team All-Big East selection in 2010, can do so and still withdraw and return to school as long as he does not sign with an agent. If he signs his college career will be over.

He should test the waters but after seeing him get run down by a 300 lb lineman while returning the pick, I doubt he gets drafted. His speed and knee are nowhere near ready. He could get drafted on the potential but it would be in the late rounds.

After what happened to his brother, who could blame him?

After what happened to his brother, who could blame him?

Was just about to say that. Arthur cost him some money with his injury his senior year. That has to be in his mind.

The DE position is a concern next year with Chandler back. Even with him we should go 3-4 because we have zero DEs.

He should test the waters but after seeing him get run down by a 300 lb lineman while returning the pick, I doubt he gets drafted. His speed and knee are nowhere near ready. He could get drafted on the potential but it would be in the late rounds.
He runs weird. He looked like a little kid trying to run away from a parent that has a hold on the back of the kid's collar

He runs weird. He looked like a little kid trying to run away from a parent that has a hold on the back of the kid's collar
I don't worry a bit about his 40 time. What is he like in 10-yard bursts? How about his balance? These things (and others) count much more for a DL.

Could simply be trying to get his name out there for after next season.

Art was at worst a 2nd round pick pre injury that ended up 4th round. Chan is currently a 4th or 5th round flyer that could end up in the 2nd round after next season.

I don't worry a bit about his 40 time. What is he like in 10-yard bursts? How about his balance? These things (and others) count much more for a DL.
i know - i just thought it was funny that he runs like one of the inflatable brewer mascot race guys - must.not.lean.forward.or.else.i.fall

I kept telling my wife that he had the potential to be a Julius Peppers type player in the NFL if he kept improving. After that interception I recant. Julius Peppers would outrun everyone on the field.

That interception return was flat out hilarious. It reminded me of when Chris Berman would show a highlight of a lineman returning a fumble or something, and he would be saying "come on big fellla!!!!". Everybody would be laughing their asses off.

Was just about to say that. Arthur cost him some money with his injury his senior year. That has to be in his mind.

This. Art feel from fringe first-rounder to fourth if I remember correctly. I don't see Chandler at the 4th-5th round like some here, I think he's closer to 6th-7th in which case he should come back, but it doesn't hurt to see where you're at.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom