UK is everything wrong with college basketball | Syracusefan.com

UK is everything wrong with college basketball

OrlandoCuse

Living Legend
Bunch of rent a players. Hiring family members at high level/paid positions for which they are not qualified just to land their kids. Never graduates any players. UK does the opposite of everything that college basketball is intended for. How they continue to skate the rules and get away with it amazes me.

OrlandoCuse said:
Bunch of rent a players. Hiring family members at high level/paid positions for which they are not qualified just to land their kids. Never graduates any players. UK does the opposite of everything that college basketball is intended for. How they continue to skate the rules and get away with it amazes me.

How are they skating the rules? Blame the rule makers not them for using the rules to their advantage.

To me it's more crazy that a team can play nobody all year to position themselves into a number one seed.

How are they skating the rules? Blame the rule makers not them for using the rules to their advantage.

To me it's more crazy that a team can play nobody all year to position themselves into a number one seed.
Here's how they skate the rules:
Rule: you can't pay players
Skated rule: hire players father/mother to high paying university job (for which they are not qualified) and filter money to the player that way.

Get rid of the one and done rule. Let kids go to the NBA out of high school. Draft a HS kid that's a risk you need to assess. Scout them. Don't rely on Paul biancardi. It worked in the past. Kobe Lebron Deight KG. If you're 18 you should be able to play in the NBA.

Don't forget you have the dirtiest coach in all of college b-ball coaching too.

OrlandoCuse said:
Here's how they skate the rules: Rule: you can't pay players Skated rule: hire players father/mother to high paying university job (for which they are not qualified) and filter money to the player that way.

Who did they pay?

Don't they have APR to worry about. We seemed to get screwed by a guy transferring 10 years ago while these knuckleheads having a revolving door.

Don't they have APR to worry about. We seemed to get screwed by a guy transferring 10 years ago while these knuckleheads having a revolving door.
If a player leaves in "good academic standing" it doesn't hurt your APR. So all of the UK freshmen take remedial college courses for their first year (and they only have to take 22-24 credits). 8 easy classes across two semesters and maintain a 2.0 and they're off to the NBA and UK is in the clear.

If a player leaves in "good academic standing" it doesn't hurt your APR. So all of the UK freshmen take remedial college courses for their first year (and they only have to take 22-24 credits). 8 easy classes across two semesters and maintain a 2.0 and they're off to the NBA and UK is in the clear.
Thanks of explanation. Now I understand the racket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom