UK Riots | Syracusefan.com

UK Riots

One more reason that Kansas needs to win this thing. With any luck, a devastating loss will result in these misguided youth burning down their own campus. ;)

At times I look around the civilization we've built and wonder how the hell we did it. For the most part human beings are a pretty petty, selfish, destructive species. It doesn't shock me that an 18 year old male doesn't see a problem with destroying other people's property... but it astonishes me that somehow we managed to surmount those tendancies to become more than the rock-throwing tribal savages you see in much of the world.

One more reason that Kansas needs to win this thing. With any luck, a devastating loss will result in these misguided youth burning down their own campus. ;)
It's been 25 years, but I guess some Syracuse fans forgot about the students' reaction following our loss to Indiana.

Old Newspaper Article

I don't care where it was. This kind of stuff is ridiculous anywhere. This country could solve a lot of their own problems if people would take responsibility for their actions and quit acting like idiots.

It's been 25 years, but I guess some Syracuse fans forgot about the students' reaction following our loss to Indiana.

Old Newspaper Article
I'm not saying it's ok to do it in a loss, but these guys were destructive after a win :crazy:. The rationale behind doing it after a loss is that people have to take their anger out on something (again it's stupid regardless of justification), but I've never heard an expalanation for why people do it after a win.

Old Newspaper Article

I was pretty young , but recall that a girl from my town was sexually assaulted after that loss. It happened in the alleyway by west of mannys on M street.

We didn't flip any cars, but April 7, 2003 was a mob scene on Marshall Street. Pretty sure at least one tree was lit on fire, and I know some fists were thrown in the middle of that enormous mosh pit. And I know this because I was there, smack dab in the middle of it.

So, you know, glass houses and such.

There are idiots everywhere and that stuff is inexcusable no matter who or where you are. I was on Marshall Street too for a little while and I can say I didn't see any of that. I saw someone climb a tree and I think someone may have even climbed a light pole, but I only saw a bunch of yelling and high fives. I may have left before things got out of hand because I was already late for work at that point.

They're going to look like jackasses if they lose tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They're going to look like jackasses if they lose tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, they sure don't have to go very far to qualify for that designation.

sparty-riot.jpeg

https://www.msu.edu/~creswel1/riotstatus/index.html

Very handy, though it missed the riot after they lost to Louisville.