Un-Gillon-lieveable !!!! | Syracusefan.com

Un-Gillon-lieveable !!!!

newmexicuse

All Conference
What can you say about John. Absolutely incredible performance even before the game winning shot.

I thought overall he out-did the 43 pointer.

6 assts - zero TO.

Clutch, clutch clutch - constantly broke down their d with penetration drives. I thought he finished better because he seemed to be going up with the ball starting at his chest and not at his kneecaps.

The big unsungs for John. He was flying over the court. In the first half he single handedly broke up three of their fastbreaks when Duke could have broken it wide open.

A couple of other thoughts:

Battle was terrific in the Tonto role. He had that one stretch when he took over the game.

Non-call when Lydon got hammerred was just horrible.

Speaking of Tyler he came up big at the end with the tap-back, the strong finishing move, and a couple of key D boards.

Coaching move of the game was near the end when Jimmy subbed Roberson for Thompson when they were hurting us inside.

Could the committeee really deny a team w THREE top ten wins ??????

PS - I'll save SWC doing the downside - rebounding, rebounding, rebounding (or lack thereof).

I've been bashing Gillon all year. No more. The kid played great last night. Hoping he can do the same at Louisville on Sunday!

I've been bashing Gillon all year. No more. The kid played great last night. Hoping he can do the same at Louisville on Sunday!
He missed an open Lydon about 10 times last night. Yet, I could hug and kiss him. The kid just KILLS me.

Gillon is a terrific player. When he's dialed in, he really is an offensive scoring force, and it completely opens up easy passes for him.

I think he's a little bit like Sherman Douglas--not in terms of his game, but in that he needs to score / look for his offense, and when he does it opens up the rest of his game. In games where he isn't a scoring factor, he tends to just pound the ball up top and doesn't do much. When he's getting into the lane, making things happen, etc. he's a totally different player and we're a totally different team.

And it goes without saying at this point that he's proving to be a clutch shooter. NC State, Duke, even hitting tying shots against Louisville / GT.

The inconsistency is frustrating. Need to find a way to bottle the "good" Gillon and see more of it as we round the final turn into the home stretch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom