UNC in doo-doo? | Syracusefan.com

UNC in doo-doo?

Not sure I see the problem, at least from an NCAA perspective. Given the travel allegations looks more like she was hired for her willingness to put out than for who her son was.

Not sure I see the problem, at least from an NCAA perspective. Given the travel allegations looks more like she was hired for her willingness to put out than for who her son was.

lol...if she was traveling on the school's dime to watch her kid's play, is that the issue?

At least she wasn't the "team mom".

What's that you say, Mrs. Hansborough?
Joltin Joe has left and gone away
Hey hey hey. Hey hey hey.

@GottliebShow
Just a thought,2008 was the year Hansbrough came back for his senior year and his mom get $95k to be a "fundraiser" #daggoneit

That's weird though, because if Tyler went pro he could've given her a hell of a lot more than $95,000.

Which isn't to say something fishy wasn't going on.

That's weird though, because if Tyler went pro he could've given her a hell of a lot more than $95,000.

Which isn't to say something fishy wasn't going on.
Maybe he was 50/50 on staying or leaving and they decided to tip the scales a little bit. That is a pretty good wage, in that region especially.

Maybe he was 50/50 on staying or leaving and they decided to tip the scales a little bit. That is a pretty good wage, in that region especially.

Yeah it's nothing to sneeze at, but when you're kid is going to be a millionaire in the very near future, it doesn't seem like much. (He signed a 4 year $10 million deal after he was drafted).

But like i said, I'm not trying to rule it out. It just seems a little strange is all. I can buy the scenario you outlined though.

Yeah it's nothing to sneeze at, but when you're kid is going to be a millionaire in the very near future, it doesn't seem like much. (He signed a 4 year $10 million deal after he was drafted).

But like i said, I'm not trying to rule it out. It just seems a little strange is all. I can buy the scenario you outlined though.
I agree with you, it doesn't seem to make sense, unless he really wanted to go back to school, but he was torn because his mom needed money. All of that is a stretch, just thinking outloud.

The things we do for love...

NC State recruits, Duke shenanigans, now UNC? The NCAA is running a scorched earth campaign on the ACC before we get there!

UNC created fake classes and pushed athletes into taking them for over a decade and got away with it. No chance that they're worried about this.

I agree with you, it doesn't seem to make sense, unless he really wanted to go back to school, but he was torn because his mom needed money. All of that is a stretch, just thinking outloud.
Maybe he leveraged coming back to getting his mom a job.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

UNC created fake classes and pushed athletes into taking them for over a decade and got away with it. No chance that they're worried about this.
You'd think that at some point the sum of all of these incidents would warrant some sort of penalty.

Maybe he leveraged coming back to getting his mom a job.

Which in turn seems to have leveraged Matt Kupec into getting a different sort of job....sorry, couldn't resist.

You'd think that at some point the sum of all of these incidents would warrant some sort of penalty.
This guy begs to differ...
images

This is why..

"NCAA spokeswoman Stacey Osburn declined to speak specifically about ‍UNC on Tuesday but said the NCAA has no rules against a family member being hired by a school at which a student-athlete plays unless “preferential treatment is given because of a student-athlete’s skill.”

The NCAA prohibits athletes, their family members and their friends from receiving benefits that are not available to the rest of a school’s students, their families and their friends.

That also would extend to the trips Tami Hansbrough, a fundraiser for ‍UNC, took while Tyler was playing if they are found not to have been for university business. "
So if she was off to see Notre Dame games on UNC's dime that's the problem.

This is why..

"NCAA spokeswoman Stacey Osburn declined to speak specifically about ‍UNC on Tuesday but said the NCAA has no rules against a family member being hired by a school at which a student-athlete plays unless “preferential treatment is given because of a student-athlete’s skill.”

The NCAA prohibits athletes, their family members and their friends from receiving benefits that are not available to the rest of a school’s students, their families and their friends.

That also would extend to the trips Tami Hansbrough, a fundraiser for ‍UNC, took while Tyler was playing if they are found not to have been for university business. "
well, unless she was a professional fund raiser before, either her son or her skill in the sack got her the job. Which defense will UNC use?

This is why..

They aren't going to nail UNC for something that smells like it could in theory have been a violation.

Seems like that case will be a real stretch unless they made absolutely no pretense of actually fundraising. The development job would seem to give them a pretty wide degree of latitude to go whereever they want and still be doing their job. Given that her boss who is thought to be an All Star development officer was often with her on trips my guess is they won't have a hard time convincing someone that they were doing the job. Ben's playing for N.D. at St. John's....Let's travel to NY to meet with alumni in NYC and if it coincides with Ben's game at MSG, all the better.

Probably the only thing this does is add on one more item to UNC problems along with the phony classes for athletes. A few more little pieces and the smoke gets thicker.

And to think Syracuse got hammered for a few bucks in a Christmas card, some free dinners and knowing Rob Johnson. Today that would hardly raise an eyebrow. Maybe the Raleigh newspapers aren't as anxious to blow it up like the PS did.

North Carolina and Duke will never be put on probabation for anything in regards to College Basketball. So all this talk about facts and other things that most people would use to make arguments are meaningless. Duke had a player take money while at Duke and he admitted to doing it and Duke was not punished. I'm not sure what else to say.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom