UNC opens -3.5 | Syracusefan.com

UNC opens -3.5

thought I saw 5.5 earlier - maybe has gone down since?

Seems about right. Doesn't mean that we actually make it a game, but unlike in the past several years, we actually have size down low to keep them from scoring at will.

if I still bet (which I don't) and I bet on games my team was involved in (which I gave up when I started heavily betting games) I'd be tempted as hell to tease the hell out of this

That's it??? UNC has played as well as anyone in the country over the last 3 weeks (undefeated in Feb). Their RPI is all the way up to 5 now, and a 2-seed is not out of the question for them. But this gives me some hope! (although if "gun to my head", I must confess I would lay the 3.5).

Last edited:
Man these lines always look so strange at first but then they almost always end up being right on. It's unbelievable.
2018-02-20_2158.png

if I still bet (which I don't) and I bet on games my team was involved in (which I gave up when I started heavily betting games) I'd be tempted as hell to tease the hell out of this

who u teasing? us or UNC? you also have to tease it with something else..maybe tease syracuse and the under?

I will be very impressed if we stay close and obviously elated if we snag a win. they aren't the typical huge UNC team but they still have bigs equal to ours. they have a huge advantage at PGg and for the first time in ages they can actually shoot the ball. Add in their tempo. I just think its a bad matchup. Hope I am wrong. Still think the season comes down to winning at BC and scratching a win vs Clemson.

Not sure how to not take UNC and feel confident.

If I were to put on my handicapping hat, the line only makes sense if you go with the following narratives.

-the game means a hell of a lot more to us than them.

-its a home game..the biggest one of the year...

There was definitely a story from the SU basketball twitter account which had UNC -5.5, which felt a point or 2 too high.

I like us. Feels like the sort of game that hits the sweep spot when the Dome actually matters. Neither such a huge crowd where the players are tight, or a nondescript weeknight opponent. Plus you know JB wants it in the worst way.

I haven't been overly impressed by the handful of UNC games I've watched this year. However, Syracuse has been known to go 5+ minutes without scoring in numerous games this year. I just don't see Syracuse beating UNC unless Battle and Howard are both dialed in from deep... which is highly unlikely.

Man these lines always look so strange at first but then they almost always end up being right on. It's unbelievable.
I think we were +6 against Miami. Maybe +7 against Louisville.

I haven't been overly impressed by the handful of UNC games I've watched this year. However, Syracuse has been known to go 5+ minutes without scoring in numerous games this year. I just don't see Syracuse beating UNC unless Battle and Howard are both dialed in from deep... which is highly unlikely.
I have higher hopes of beating UNC this year than in the past 2 years when their bigs hammered us into submission. All SU has to do this year is keep Maye, Berry, Johnson, and Williams from raining 3s down upon us all night long. That's all. :)

I think we were +6 against Miami. Maybe +7 against Louisville.

Plus 4.5 and plus 5, but they were road games against evenly matched opponents. This spread suggests UNC would beat us by 7-8 points on a neutral court.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom