UNC | Syracusefan.com

UNC

PoppyHart

All American
Rumors of their demise seem premature. Looks like they are gonna be a tough out.

Commence Roy bashing.

haha yup, I remember defending them a month ago when everyone had them in the NIT already

"wahhhh I only have 6 McDonald's All Americans this year! How is this fair for me? I need 8 to win. Waahhhhhh"

- Roy Williams

Overreact to a home win against FSU much?

So in addition to UNC and the Billikens, who else is going to make the FF? A lot of overreaction to short term results.

I think the bigger overreaction was all the people putting them in the NIT in a month ago.

I think the bigger overreaction was all the people putting them in the NIT in a month ago.

They're a tournament team who'll be gone by the second weekend. Maybe they can make a Sweet Sixteen with the right draw. Nothing more (FF), nothing less (NIT). Not sure why a home win over FSU would prompt anyone to be concerned about them as a legit FF contender.

Overreact to a home win against FSU much?

So in addition to UNC and the Billikens, who else is going to make the FF? A lot of overreaction to short term results.

Are you for real? Calling UNC a "tough out" = Final Four. Calling SLU an extremely good team = guaranteed Final Four?

Maybe some objectivity wouldn't hurt.

Are you for real? Calling UNC a "tough out" = Final Four. Calling SLU an extremely good team = guaranteed Final Four?

Maybe some objectivity wouldn't hurt.

You mentioned SLU as a potential FF team in another thread. Yes, I'm for real.

They're a tournament team who'll be gone by the second weekend. Maybe they can make a Sweet Sixteen with the right draw. Nothing more (FF), nothing less (NIT). Not sure why a home win over FSU would prompt anyone to be concerned about them as a legit FF contender.

If you watch college basketball, which I don't know to be the case, you will know that they are playing very good ball for about 3 weeks now.

OK, now tell us about all of UNC's quality wins.

You mentioned SLU as a potential FF team in another thread. Yes, I'm for real.

po·ten·tial

/pəˈtenCHəl/
Adjective
Having or showing the capacity to develop into something in the future.

Noun
Latent qualities or abilities that may be developed and lead to future success or usefulness.

Synonyms
adjective. possible - feasible - eventual - contingent
noun. possibility - potentiality

If you watch college basketball, which I don't know to be the case, you will know that they are playing very good ball for about 3 weeks now.

With all due respect, I watch more than anybody I know (people on this board can vouch). I just choose not to brag about it. I'm aware of SLU. I just don't make outlandish claims to looks like I know more than the rest of the board. Jim Crews isn't going to the Final Four.

po·ten·tial

/pəˈtenCHəl/
Adjective
Having or showing the capacity to develop into something in the future.

Noun
Latent qualities or abilities that may be developed and lead to future success or usefulness.

Synonyms
adjective. possible - feasible - eventual - contingent
noun. possibility - potentiality

Clever. So Grambling is a potential final four team. All they need to do is win 4 in the conference tourney and run the table in the Tourney. And just so you don't need to look it up, they are 0-29.

With all due respect, I watch more than anybody I know (people on this board can vouch). I just choose not to brag about it. I'm aware of SLU. I just don't make outlandish claims to looks like I know more than the rest of the board. Jim Crews isn't going to the Final Four.

So you don't think a team that receives a top-5 seed is a contender? BTW, I made this "outlandish" claim when they were unranked and viewed as a 10-11 seed.

Clever. So Grambling is a potential final four team. All they need to do is win 4 in the conference tourney and run the table in the Tourney. And just so you don't need to look it up, they are 0-29.

No, it was more to counter your post about how I've apparently anointed 50% of the FF.

Maybe old Roy learned how to coach (lol).

So you don't think a team that receives a top-5 seed is a contender? BTW, I made this "outlandish" claim when they were unranked and viewed as a 10-11 seed.

I don't look at rankings. I'm a bit more of an astute observer than that. Eye test for me. Couple that with strong coaching. Jim Crews isn't going to the Final Four. I'll stand by that.

Poppy quit trolling UNC is taking advantage of an incredibly weak ACC this year. They are a tournament team for sure, but they aren't a good team. They were swept by Miami, lost at Duke, split with UVA, split with NC State. Beat Ga. Tech x2, Florida State x2, BC, Maryland, Clemson, Wake Forest, Va Tech. If SU were lucky enough to run into this team I would do cartwheels. UNC doesn't play good defense and our zone defense would be a good matchup against UNC. Go ahead and tweak the SU fans of which you claim to be and realize that Roy Williams may be the worst in-game coach I have ever seen. The dude never calls timeouts when the other team is on a run if he doesn't have a speedy pg he still runs the fast break offense without regards for his talent. Roy is a HOF because of the talent and Ws he has, but give me a break with your posts which are ALWAYS posting to tweak everyone on this board as if you are the smartest person and everyone is an idiot. Congrats you outsmart the obvious ridiculous people on this board, but I can't take it. UNC is playing well with its small lineup, but they have beaten exactly 2NCAA team during conference play in UVA and NC State and lost @Texas the same Texas team that was swept by an under 500 West Virginia team. If UNC wins 1 NCAA tournament game I will be surprised.

Poppy quit trolling UNC is taking advantage of an incredibly weak ACC this year. They are a tournament team for sure, but they aren't a good team. They were swept by Miami, lost at Duke, split with UVA, split with NC State. Beat Ga. Tech x2, Florida State x2, BC, Maryland, Clemson, Wake Forest, Va Tech. If SU were lucky enough to run into this team I would do cartwheels. UNC doesn't play good defense and our zone defense would be a good matchup against UNC. Go ahead and tweak the SU fans of which you claim to be and realize that Roy Williams may be the worst in-game coach I have ever seen. The dude never calls timeouts when the other team is on a run if he doesn't have a speedy pg he still runs the fast break offense without regards for his talent. Roy is a HOF because of the talent and Ws he has, but give me a break with your posts which are ALWAYS posting to tweak everyone on this board as if you are the smartest person and everyone is an idiot. Congrats you outsmart the obvious ridiculous people on this board, but I can't take it. UNC is playing well with its small lineup, but they have beaten exactly 2NCAA team during conference play in UVA and NC State and lost @Texas the same Texas team that was swept by an under 500 West Virginia team. If UNC wins 1 NCAA tournament game I will be surprised.

I think they can win one or two tourney games - otherwise ... pretty much spot on.

"wahhhh I only have 6 McDonald's All Americans this year! How is this fair for me? I need 8 to win. Waahhhhhh"

- Roy Williams

As opposed to our Mickey Dees?

unc shares some similarities to us- they have a lot of youth along with talent but they lack the ability to function as a team.. they have more shooters than we do but are not half as good defensively. They like us have zero post presence as mcadoo is similar to cj.. i just wish we were not in opposite trajectories as unc is playing better of late.

Too much to cover with this, but I'll try.

"They are a tournament team for sure." - That was essentially the point of the post. As Knicks said, they were buried as an NIT team a long time ago

"they aren't a good team" - Team's don't get better?

"If SU were lucky enough to run into this team I would do cartwheels." - Who's comparing them to SU?

"UNC doesn't play good defense and our zone defense would be a good matchup against UNC" - They've been playing much better defense recently and shoot 37% from 3, much higher of late with the spread look.

"Roy Williams may be the worst in-game coach I have ever seen." - OK, I guess he's the worst coach "you" have seen.

"if he doesn't have a speedy pg he still runs the fast break offense without regards for his talent." - Like who? Larry Drew, who's sucking it up at UCLA? Paige, who's rounding into form?

"Roy is a HOF because of the talent and Ws he has" - Find me a HOF'er who lacked talent.

"If UNC wins 1 NCAA tournament game I will be surprised." - I could see a first round loss as well, but I could say that for just about anyone.

Since Roy decided to go to a smaller quicker lineup UNC has played much better. The first showing of that lineup was against Duke were if it weren't for 4 consecutive 3's by Duke with UNC not scoring Duke would probably have 1 more loss. Comparing SU and UNC is like comparing apples to oranges in the way they play. UNC is in the top 15 offensively were SU is in the top 15 defensively. I give Roy a little credit for his willingness to sit players who are not performing well in favor of players doing well. Jimmy plays favorites too often and sometimes realizes he needs to ride the hot hand whoever it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom