Undefeated vs 1 loss | Syracusefan.com

Undefeated vs 1 loss

Orangemen

All Conference
Assuming the rest of the season played out the same, do you consider the ND loss as good, bad or neutral for this team?

Personally, I think there would have been a lot more attention, and a lot more pressure on the team if they were undefeated.

Right now, we're just a team competing with Kentucky for the #1 overall.

Without that loss, we're a team competing with history to become the first undefeated team in over 30 years.

I don't like losing, but I think that loss made the season a little easier. Especially given the way it was lost, missing a major player in Melo, it makes it very easy for fans to let it slide a little bit.

I'd be very interested to hear JB's take on it. Though I'm sure we'd just get the stock answer of it's never good to lose. And Melo's development was hindered...

As a fan I'd rather be 30-0, but I agree that the loss has taken the pressure of an undefeated season off of the team and may very well have made going undefeated the rest of the way a more manageable task. One of those questions you can never know the answer to.

this reminds me of the one B i got in grad school.....it stuck out like a sore thumb amongst all of the A's.....that loss feels the same to me

i, too, would prefer to 30-0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom