Under the radar interview with Allen Griffin providing some new info on Chris Bell and Justin Taylor | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Under the radar interview with Allen Griffin providing some new info on Chris Bell and Justin Taylor

Joe's got an NIL and maybe there's a way to up that a little to get him to come back. Not sure how transferring will help him. The other option is to go pro and get paid overseas. Jesse and/or Judah coming back would be a big step in the right direction for the roster.

Coaching and wins will be the hard part for a new coach like Red, but our recruiting should be much better with Red hitting the trails and being engaged unlike Jim. We just have to be patient. I'd rather a slow build up than a quick splash and huge downturn/disappointment like Hubert Davis.
Why does it have to be one or the other?

To all,

Joe Girard and Jesse Edwards have given 4 years of their lives to playing basketball for Syracuse. I realize that they have a Covid year available to them but I believe that they need to forge ahead in their careers.

I do not know what NIL offers they have and how it applies to a fifth year. I do remember some where on the board it was noted that Jesse did not have any NIL opportunities in place. It was something to do with being a foreign player.

Whole having them back would be interesting, I don’t see playing each of them 36 minutes will not provide our sophomores to be much opportunity to improve their skills.

Symir is a player who still has a Covid year left. Depending on his aspiration, I could see him possibly coming back but only for an opportunity with starter minutes. His offense seems to be limited.

To all,

Joe Girard and Jesse Edwards have given 4 years of their lives to playing basketball for Syracuse. I realize that they have a Covid year available to them but I believe that they need to forge ahead in their careers.

I do not know what NIL offers they have and how it applies to a fifth year. I do remember some where on the board it was noted that Jesse did not have any NIL opportunities in place. It was something to do with being a foreign player.

Whole having them back would be interesting, I don’t see playing each of them 36 minutes will not provide our sophomores to be much opportunity to improve their skills.

Symir is a player who still has a Covid year left. Depending on his aspiration, I could see him possibly coming back but only for an opportunity with starter minutes. His offense seems to be limited.

Jesse should have redshirted his freshman year and he hardly played. One more year is very reasonable for him IMO.

Our biggest weakness is a guard/forward who has bounce off the dribble and can get his own shot and create for others. We don’t have a big time shot maker during end of game situations. It’s hard for Joe because of his size.
I see the need for a combo forward that has an inside outside game and at least a two dribble attack the rim ability. A player with good vision, awareness and the ability to get buckets. Also, we need another true big (see above).

Great find. I definitely want Taylor back. The truth, though, is that we need upgrades at at least one of the wing spots. I like Bell’s potential more than other folks do and I hope he stays and develops. But I want more physical players at the wing (SG or SF) as the starter for next year. I’m thinking of Baylor’s bulldog-type of guards, like we used to have with Dion, Triche, and Scoop.
Isn’t Copland that type? I thought he was a guard

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom