Under the radar stars | Syracusefan.com

Under the radar stars

No. 15 Syracuse: Defensive back Christopher Fredrick

i

Plenty of attention went to the improved defense last season, with the edge rushers posting big stats and Andre Cisco blossoming into an All-American. But one of the reasons the whole thing worked so well was the exceptional effort of the cornerbacks, led by Fredrick. One year after a disastrous secondary upended Syracuse's season, the unit was among the most improved in college football. And Fredrick proved to be a valuable leader, allowing fewer than 50 percent completions and just 6.8 yards per attempt when serving as the primary defender. -- Hale

I think after his graduation from Newhouse he returned home to Florida.

“The Frizz” is Dungey’s favorite player this year in college football. CF’s a Georgia kid right?

Our DBs as a whole are much better than when I can remember. The best since this group would be Donavan Darius and Tebucky Jones and I am not sure if the other contributors were as good as the reserves we have now.
It’s amazing to see how quickly a position of weakness was turned to one of strength in just a few years.

The only position on the team that lacks depth is DT. However if some of the young guys can add good weight and strength we are not that far off. We need to add some game ready players this class. Grad transfer DTs are rare so im thinking Juco. Its too bad we lost out on the kid to nc state. Even though he is a DE he had the frame to possibly move inside.

Chris has been one of the most steady players we've had. He's deffinitely under the radar. Secondary depth is the best Ive seen in quite some time. Carl Jones is a great example of it, He is a guy with experience and he's 3rd on depth chart. He could start on a lot of teams. He will play more this year.

Chris has been one of the most steady players we've had. He's deffinitely under the radar. Secondary depth is the best Ive seen in quite some time. Carl Jones is a great example of it, He is a guy with experience and he's 3rd on depth chart. He could start on a lot of teams. He will play more this year.

..and don't forget Strizinger (sp?). A kid Dino gave a chance to play RB who turned down Michigan b/c they wouldn't grant him that opportunity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom