Under the rador C.J. Fair is a leading contender for Big East Player of the Year | Syracusefan.com

Under the rador C.J. Fair is a leading contender for Big East Player of the Year

Alsacs

Living Legend
BTW I put an o where an a should have been sorry.
I was going through all of the Big East teams and realized objectively if I was voting for a player of the year C.J. Fair has been the most consistent player in the Big East. He may be only averaging 14 ppg and 7rpg, but he leads the conference in minutes played and honestly has been the glue guy on our team. Our contenders for BE POTY would be Smith from Louisville, Napier from UConn, Porter from Georgetown, and Blue from Marquette, but honestly C.J. Fair is quietly in contention for Big East player of the year if he continues putting up his numbers I honestly think its a two man race between Otto Porter 15 ppg and 8 rpg and C.J. Fair as I don't think Russ Smith will win it.

All the stats are from here http://www.bigeast.org/portals/5/fls/19400/stats/mbasketball/2012-2013/CONFLDRS.HTM#conf.wki

I was thinking yesterday that he has to be ALL BE 1st team right now. Plus with Southerland back CJ will have a much easier time opperating on offense.

Smith lost his shot in OT. I agree CJ is playing at an All America caliber the last month +

Funny when I went running earlier I was thinking he exact same thought.

Funny when I went running earlier I was thinking he exact same thought.

What were you running from...UConn fans?

He could very well be right there. This is the year with absolutely no front runner.

I think Porter might have the best shot. If Georgetown finishes in the top 4, say, then I think he has a very good shot. He does everything for them on both ends of the floor.

Ever since somebody posted that "what's wrong with CJ Fair?" thread...

It was definitely the worst thread of the year. You'll probably see it rekindled the next time he gets 3 rebounds or goes 5/12. One poster earlier this year actually said he was our 4th option. lol.

I think that kid is unbelievable. He really has everything to his game that a coach would want and he rarely, if ever, forces anything. He does not get near the credit he deserves nationally.

Porter is pretty good. He'd be scoring 20ppg anywhere other than G-Town. Reminds me of the line "Dean Smith is the only man to hold Michael Jordan under 20 points".

first team All BE for sure, but (a) statistically it is going to be tough to beat out Napier and (b) the voters from the jilted cities are not going to hand it to an SU (or Pitt, or Louisville, or ND) player unless they have to (i.e., an overwhelming statistical season)

CJ will only be the player of the year if we win the Big East - since I think we will, he's got a great shot.

PPG RPG APG SPG Blocks FG%
CJ 14.0 7.2 0.6 1.1 1.0 .488

Porter 15.0 8.0 2.5 1.8 1.1 .512

Pretty close. Porter is the clear leader for GT while CJ has to share the spotlight with MCW. That could hurt CJ. May go to whoever wins the conference.

Love cj, but unless he takes over the team lead in points I don't see it happening.

Where do you see MCW in this mix? He has to be 1st team, right?