??Uniforms?? | Syracusefan.com

??Uniforms??

thorpedo

Scout Team
Ok this topic is exciting to me. I would love to see somthing flashy and excting (Oregon) but I don't mind traditional (Alabama, Penn State) looks either. I am not here to start a debate over whether or not we should change but, I would like to know if we are for the new conference. I've heard rumors that the Penn State Game will have alternate uniforms but, is that the only game? Is it the uniforms for the season? The IPF new excites me and the new and improved approach is always a good topic. All information would be greatly appreciated and debates are always welcomed. I know there is concept art out there and I've seen them I am looking for what may truly be the designs next year or when it maybe released to the public.

I wouldn't get your hopes up - think the changes last year with the optional undershirts is about as radical as they get in the near-term.

I wouldn't get your hopes up - think the changes last year with the optional undershirts is about as radical as they get in the near-term.
Hopefully...you're correct!

01500_gravphs008008.jpg

In other words. ... keep what we already have.

Step 1: Take the stupid 'S' off the helmets
Step 2: Go back to blue facemasks
Step 3: Put the numbers back on the side of the pants
Step 4: Take off the stupid orange piping on the jersey
Step 5: ???
Step 6: Profit!

Step 1: Take the stupid 'S' off the helmets
Step 2: Go back to blue facemasks
Step 3: Put the numbers back on the side of the pants
Step 4: Take off the stupid orange piping on the jersey
Step 5: ???
Step 6: Profit!
Disagree...
1) Keep the S
2) alternate with navy helmets and have CUSE on side
3) place Syracuse or Orange in front of jersey's
4) alternate navy, white or grey pants for away games
5) make recruits and fans happy
6) really profit from additional sales

Gotta get rid of that stupid 1980's stripe on the pants. gotta go solid navy and solid orange

The helmet will not be Orange for the Penn St. Game.. It will be metallic as well.

I don't mind the return to mcnabb era but I would to be inventive and see some crazy STUFF. Maybe just one game a year get some interest for the recruits

Just Win
Exactly!

Winning solves many ills. How did those crazy uniforms workout at Maryland?

Oregon didn't turn around their program because of their ridiculous uniforms...Phil Knight's money and winning (in order) accomplished that.

Exactly!

Oregon didn't turn around their program because of their ridiculous uniforms...Phil Knight's money and winning (in order) accomplished that.
To be fair, the Uni's and ridiculous facilities attracted recruits and helped build that program to where it is. Winning came from unreal recruiting due to kids liking the panache of the new buildings.

Exactly!

I couldn't aree with you anymore than I already do but what are the intangibles which goes into getting the players we need. I say lets modernize (we are with upgrades to facilities, IPF) coaches with strong ties to the recruiting rockbed of the world (Our staff is set to do that), and finally kick it up a notch with new or alternate uniforms (that would be the cherry on top). At the end of the day it doesn't matter how much you or I love or hate the uniforms it's how much that kid really wants to put that on. But having a unique uniform helps and bnoro makes that point right bove me.

I couldn't aree with you anymore than I already do but what are the intangibles which goes into getting the players we need. I say lets modernize (we are with upgrades to facilities, IPF) coaches with strong ties to the recruiting rockbed of the world (Our staff is set to do that), and finally kick it up a notch with new or alternate uniforms (that would be the cherry on top). At the end of the day it doesn't matter how much you or I love or hate the uniforms it's how much that kid really wants to put that on. But having a unique uniform helps and bnoro makes that point right bove me.
The only criterion I have ever had for unis is 'if the players like them, I like them'. That even applied to the all orange uniforms that took a beating from most of our fan base.
One exception - the ones I saw on the Pittsburgh Steelers this past season.

The only criterion I have ever had for unis is 'if the players like them, I like them'. That even applied to the all orange uniforms that took a beating from most of our fan base.
One exception - the ones I saw on the Pittsburgh Steelers this past season.
The steelers and the one from the broncos a few years back are hideous oh and not mention the jets (brett farve throback wen he was QB) I couldn't agree more but thoughs uniforms were an attempt to be a traditional rendition of USC with a syracuse twist not a new uniform. I think we all can agree and be glad they burned thoughs unifroms. But I will proud of the team that had to field them even though they were the punching bag of D1 football and will be a proud and faithful fan of whatever we put out on the field next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom