United we stand | Syracusefan.com

United we stand

(I want to say this post has nothing to do with the OP or his wife, assuredly well meaning people. But this slogan has drawn my ire)
While I love the Cuse and our troops, I think someone needs to speak out against this administration's(and the prior, and prior, and prior) war time propaganda. I know that will make me about as popular as the guy who used his top 25 vote to voice an opinion, but I am sure the majority of the troops would appreciate me taking a moment to speak against this unity facade. When you see the #1 candidate to receive their donations was Ron Paul(more than all others combined), it's pretty clear what their position on these undeclared wars is. This isn't a left vs right issue, it's a right vs wrong issue and the only unity is the one party system that has so much blood on it's hands. For the few people who do not yet know, more of our troops die by their own hand then from enemy fire.

If anyone has any inkling of disagreeing with me, I ask you to watch this story of an Army Ranger who had 3 medals of commendation and 2 purple hearts This should be assigned material for every high school student, heck middle school student. I've lost even more respect for Nike for their marketing, if that's still possible. In closing, What does that slogan even mean, and how many Americans even care? I wish this was something I could isolate on Georgetown or UK fans.

(I want to say this post has nothing to do with the OP or his wife, assuredly well meaning people. But this slogan has drawn my ire)
While I love the Cuse and our troops, I think someone needs to speak out against this administration's(and the prior, and prior, and prior) war time propaganda. I know that will make me about as popular as the guy who used his top 25 vote to voice an opinion, but I am sure the majority of the troops would appreciate me taking a moment to speak against this unity facade. When you see the #1 candidate to receive their donations was Ron Paul(more than all others combined), it's pretty clear what their position on these undeclared wars is. This isn't a left vs right issue, it's a right vs wrong issue and the only unity is the one party system that has so much blood on it's hands. For the few people who do not yet know, more of our troops die by their own hand then from enemy fire.

If anyone has any inkling of disagreeing with me, I ask you to watch this story of an Army Ranger who had 3 medals of commendation and 2 purple hearts This should be assigned material for every high school student, heck middle school student. I've lost even more respect for Nike for their marketing, if that's still possible. In closing, What does that slogan even mean, and how many Americans even care? I wish this was something I could isolate on Georgetown or UK fans.

I dont have time to watch the video at work, but I dont think I would call players wearing a shirt that says "United We Stand" war time propaganda. I think thats way over board. If it said

That was the common slogan that was adopted after the 911 attacks. I believe it says that as Americans, we stand united against all threats. It is not just a military thing (although it's easy to draw that conclusion when you're playing a basketball game on a frigging aircraft carrier!), but can be applied to any threat to our nation, our sovereignty or our way of life.

My wife just surprised me with one of the warm up shirts from the Carrier Clasic...love it!!!
I can't think of a more deserving SU fan that I would rather see have this shirt than you JHJ. Thank you for your service.

i got mine yesterday on my way to the VA. didnt get it at Mannys but the other place...shirt world i think. they jack the price up but do let you get another "free" shirt in the process. its a must get...love mine

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom