University general counsel Dan French named acting AD. Herman Frazier promoted to Senior Deputy AD | Syracusefan.com

University general counsel Dan French named acting AD. Herman Frazier promoted to Senior Deputy AD

th

I wonder if they'll be streaming this.

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1
Dan French said he just met with SU Athletics coaches and staff to discuss his temporary role as athletic director.

Interim AD Dan French calls this a "critical time" in SU Athletics history. Also called the future of school "better than ever."

Syracuse Interim AD Dan French: "I do not take this incredible responsibility lightly. I will be a steady steward of this athletic dept."

Syracuse Interim AD Dan French expects to be in that role for "a short time." Expects "swift and meticulous" hiring process from Chancellor.

Syracuse Interim AD Dan French: "We will and are already attracting great candidates (for permanent AD spot)."

Syracuse Senior Deputy AD Herman Frazier: "We have the budgets, we have the coaches and we have the facilities to be successful."

Syracuse Interim AD Dan French says he and Frazier will be involved in the search process for a permanent AD.

Syracuse Interim AD Dan French reiterates that he won't apply for permanent job. Senior Deputy AD Herman Frazier dodges same question.

Senior Deputy AD Herman Frazier says the interim leadership was decided on in the "last nine hours." Hard to look too far ahead.

Syracuse Interim AD Dan French doesn't provide a definitive answer on Floyd Little's future with SU Athletics.

Syracuse Interim AD Dan French: "I was directly involved in the formulation of the West Campus Project development." He'll stay involved.

Syracuse Interim AD Dan French says little on Pete Sala's potential interest in permanent job. Says he's busy with Carrier Dome work.

Syracuse Interim AD Dan French says he'll maintain his role as general counsel. And that does it.

Last edited:
Paul Schwedelson ‏@pschweds 6m6 minutes ago
French takes the podium first. "I recognize change is never easy and transition is rarely seamless."

French: "The Chancellor has made it his priority" to find new AD.

French says he wouldn't have taken position without Frazier also being promoted. Emphasizes the role as "stewardship."

French says he's not pursuing AD position permanently. Says he thinks he's a better attorney than athletic director.

Frazier says he received call from Syverud last night and that everything came together over nine hours.

French: "The first thing you do as acting is very little." Again says his job is to be a steward.

French said he will stay in the role of general counsel while in interim AD role.

Last edited:
Picking a lawyer as the interim AD. I like it. We need somebody pragmatic while we look for a new AD.

Not a fan of Herm Frazier he has done a horrible job managing our future FB schedules. His incompetence has led to this UConn series and we still have 2 opening for next year. Get on it Herm.

I hate search firms and hope they don't use one, but how is it too early to know?
Could be they have some candidates already that they want to interview first plus are going to wait to see who sends their name in for the position. Then if they don't pan out they can move on to a search firm.