Unsung Hero tonight | Syracusefan.com

Unsung Hero tonight

Orangezoo

In the wind
The guy I thought keyed us not falling behind by a lot in the first half was mike g. He hit some big free throws, a big 3 and made some nice hustle plays. Love him being aggressive and dont think we win if he doesnt come through for us. Sure patterson had pitt up 9 but that could have been 14 had mike g not kept us close in the first h.

The beauty of only playing 6 guys: when you win, it's pretty impossible for anyone to have a bad game.

Grant didnt play well at times nor did cj until late. Roberson isnt ready to make the adjustment on pitts backscreens imho which is why he didnt play.

G is starting to remind me of Waiters a little bit his sophomore year. Doesn't seem to mind the fact that he's coming off the bench, obviously not for as many minutes as Waiters was. But he seems to embrace the time he gets when it is given to him, and makes the most of it. I am so thankful for Duke when it comes to G.

He's gonna be needed come tournament time, believe it. Can't wait to see what he's capable of when Madness rolls around, and how he grows next year.

G is starting to remind me of Waiters a little bit his sophomore year. Doesn't seem to mind the fact that he's coming off the bench, obviously not for as many minutes as Waiters was. But he seems to embrace the time he gets when it is given to him, and makes the most of it. I am so thankful for Duke when it comes to G.

He's gonna be needed come tournament time, believe it. Can't wait to see what he's capable of when Madness rolls around, and how he grows next year.
Prepare to get crushed for comparing sophomore G to sophomore Dion.

We can only get away with 6 guys because G can play 3 positions effectively. Its a huge deal to have a guy like that.
Great point. The fact that he can play 3 positions, as well as Grant playing 3 positions is HUGE. That's one of the many reasons I hope Grant stays. Our rotations next year will have unlimited possibilities.

Prepare to get crushed for comparing sophomore G to sophomore Dion.
I wouldn't be surprised, but it would most likely be by someone who can't read well. It's not like I said he's as good of a scorer

I'm encouraged by how G seems to be feeling more comfortable with his three point shot as the season wears on.

It's important to keep in perspective that Gbinije was completely inexperienced coming into this year, even though he was entering his third year at the collegiate level. He'll continue to be a valuable contributor, and be poised for a bigger role his final two seasons in Orange.

And BTW, all 7 points he scored today were needed. HUGE offensive production from a kid who hasn't been a big scorer, on a night when we needed every single point.

Also add that, as a team, we shot 16-19 from the FT line. 84.2%. We basically needed every one of those.

Michael Gbinije hasd been my boy since day1