Update on McCullough | Syracusefan.com

Update on McCullough

A thorough, well-written article. McCullough came from a background most of us can't even imagine, as did Carmelo. He seems like a very determined kid. I admire that he has been able to keep his transgression a secret in this age of everyone knowing everyone else's business. Learn your lesson; move on. I'm excited to see what he can do this year!

Didn't look good in the Jordan Brand game but those all star games are kind of meaningless, especially when you get in early foul trouble. Getting him in a structured team environment will be more meaningful. Must have been hard for him to come off the bench a good part of the season at IMG and he handled it well. No doubt a great talent. Love the pipeline we have going, Joseph and McCullough next year, and the following class is shaping up to be even better.

A thorough, well-written article. McCullough came from a background most of us can't even imagine

I'm from New Jersey. I can imagine. I just hope he's brainy enough to quickly learn his position in the 2-3 zone. It's funny how when players leave you don't realize how much they contribute. I really missed Scoop and Triche after they were gone. I think this upcoming season I am going to be missing Baye for all the things he would do that went unsung.

Didn't look good in the Jordan Brand game but those all star games are kind of meaningless, especially when you get in early foul trouble. Getting him in a structured team environment will be more meaningful. Must have been hard for him to come off the bench a good part of the season at IMG and he handled it well. No doubt a great talent. Love the pipeline we have going, Joseph and McCullough next year, and the following class is shaping up to be even better.

I hope we get either Byrant or Diallo. I would really like to see us get Jones but we have BJ in that spot. I think we end up with Silva as the final recruit for 2015. Just my hunch.

He's used to "moving on". :(

Can anyone explain why he was on the "West" team in the Jordan game? I spent the whole first half trying to figure which guy on the East was him. :confused:

Can anyone explain why he was on the "West" team in the Jordan game? I spent the whole first half trying to figure which guy on the East was him. :confused:

Wasn't Ennis on the west team last year as well?

Eh, with a few rare exceptions, all star situations are such a poor way to judge a post player. Since it's an all star setting everyone wants to show off and get theirs, meaning the guys who have the ball in their hands are going to get the vast majority of the shots and a big guy has to hope for the occasional putback or alley oop.

All star games and all star camps are showcases for ball hogs and not much more.

Without concrete numbers to back this up, I imagine 75% of the elite bball talent coming out of high school is from the east coast. It would probably be a good idea for the All-star games to avoid using directional names for the teams.

Eh, with a few rare exceptions, all star situations are such a poor way to judge a post player. Since it's an all star setting everyone wants to show off and get theirs, meaning the guys who have the ball in their hands are going to get the vast majority of the shots and a big guy has to hope for the occasional putback or alley oop.

All star games and all star camps are showcases for ball hogs and not much more.
Ah, but the dunks!

It was good to get some insight into what makes this kid tick. Nice article by Trevor Hass, who looks like he might be the next big sportswriter from the DO.
A bit of follow up on this thread. I have learned that Trevor has been hired by the Boston Globe. His long stated life long dream was to cover the Celtics for the Globe. Looks like he might need to have a new dream...might have aimed too low with his first one.

This is his DO duck, which is a final story seniors who write for the DO write as a way of saying goodbye to their time working on the most legendary student newspaper on the planet.

I liked the part how he began at IMG coming off the bench and had no problem with it. He mentally accepted it and was productive enough to earn the start. Bodes well if JB wants to start Roberson for confidence etc... then bring in CMac ala Dion situation.

Dont know how it will play out, but its nice to know CMac seems to be comfortable in that situation.

I know many are concerned for this year, justifiably so, because of the production/leadership leaving but count me as one who is extremely excited for this season. My favorite years tend to be the ones where we can watch the kids grow individually and together. A great ending is nice, but the special part of College athletics for me is the kids. Watching a team become something much better than most people anticipated is just special to me, i dunno :noidea:

Oh and the season will be even sweeter to watch after our first 9 win football season in god knows how long :) :ESUball

SUskibum said:
I liked the part how he began at IMG coming off the bench and had no problem with it. He mentally accepted it and was productive enough to earn the start. Bodes well if JB wants to start Roberson for confidence etc... then bring in CMac ala Dion situation

They can both start and I think they will.

They can both start and I think they will.

Agreed who is starting over either at the forward spots?

Mike is your first guard off the bench although he may get some action at the 3 he's just a tad small for us to want to play him big minutes at there.
Can't start Rak at the 4 when we are unsure if DC2 will be back and Obokoh has no game experience. Have to figure getting as many minutes out of Rak at the 5 as we can.
BJ comes in at the 3 for either forward and whoever stays in is the 4.
Ron is the other guy in the guard rotation off the bench.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom