Update on Scoop | Syracusefan.com

Update on Scoop

cto

Administrator
Scoop is working very hard on pursuing his dream of playing at the next level. Having completed a rigorous regimen of rehab (for his badly broken and mistreated foot) and workouts in the NYC area, he is now in Houston working out with John Lucas. Several teams have expressed interest in his progress, and some high-class agents have expressed interest in representing him. He is not sure where it will lead, but he is so committed to succeeding. Everyone here who has been a Scoop fan would be very proud of him and his work ethic as he tries to fulfill his dream.

Scoop has been nothing but classy in representing Syracuse and is probably in the top 5-10 point guards in program history. Wish nothing but the best for him. Thanks for the update!

Thanks for the update. I would love for Scoop to make it at the next level; especially as a back-up PG to Tony Parker. Go Spurs!

Does anyone know if he is still dating MJ's daughter?

His game reminds me of Raymond Felton always has. Good pick and roll player can finish around the rim. Not sure he can defend on the NBA level...just like Felton

Scoop is working very hard on pursuing his dream of playing at the next level. Having completed a rigorous regimen of rehab (for his badly broken and mistreated foot) and workouts in the NYC area, he is now in Houston working out with John Lucas. Several teams have expressed interest in his progress, and some high-class agents have expressed interest in representing him. He is not sure where it will lead, but he is so committed to succeeding. Everyone here who has been a Scoop fan would be very proud of him and his work ethic as he tries to fulfill his dream.

"High-class agents?" An oxmoron, if ever I've heard one. Is there such a thing?

Best of luck to Scoop. Even in the midst of all the SU fan controversy over his play, I liked him and felt we needed what he gave us. Some maddening moments, but overall, he played with stones.

I could see Scoop becoming an up and coming coach in the near future if things don't work out with his attempts to sign with a team. He seems like he'd be a terrific recruiter and a guy the players would love to play for. Tons of charisma and leadership (as frustrating as he could sometimes be, those two qualities cannot be denied).

Scoop has broadcasting potential too. Lots of options available to him.

Working out with John Lucas?! :crazy:

Scoop has broadcasting potential too. Lots of options available to him.

I was with a friend (media guy) at the Knicks/Spurs game back in Jan. We were on the floor before the game and he introduced me to Scoop who was also there. Really pleasant and polite guy. Said he was doing some work for SNY. He would really need to do some very rigorous working out since he looked really out of shape. That was Jan though and the kid obviously has drive so hope he makes it!

Bbeadleball I mostly lurk cause I don't have the deep seated basketball knowledge and trivia capacity that most of the other posters have. I salute you, CTO and Cherie for keeping up with the guys. (And any other females out there)

Thanks Joyce for the update. I was in Dallas last week and noticed he had tweeted about the Houston rain. I was wondering if he was there for the NBA playoffs in a broadcasting situation, but now I know. I really hope he gets his chances. As you know I was with him in LA the day after he broke his foot, where he still kept a commitment with the LA alumni club to do a pre draft party. It was such a class act for him to not only show up, but to spend about 4 hours there. He is by far my favorite Orange ever. I know he will have success one way or another.

You had me at Scoop.

Bbeadleball I mostly lurk cause I don't have the deep seated basketball knowledge and trivia capacity that most of the other posters have. I salute you, CTO and Cherie for keeping up with the guys. (And any other females out there)

Don't worry, I don't have their trivial capacity either ;) You just gotta be like Stevie Thompson and find what you do well at, even if it defies expectations.