UPenn just beat Villanova | Syracusefan.com

UPenn just beat Villanova

Ending 25 losing streak. Penn is terrible and almost gave up their six point lead in final 5 seconds.

Ending 25 losing streak. Penn is terrible and almost gave up their six point lead in final 5 seconds.
Yep. Poor coaching on their last possession.

At the end, Penn almost shot themselves in the foot. Penn was up 3 with 1.3 seconds on the clock. The Penn inbounder was throwing in from under his own basket. He couldn’t get it in to one of his teammates easily so he threw a 90’ pass to the cheerleaders across the court. Luckily Nova missed their subsequent shot.

The Penn inbounder should have just
rolled the ball a couple feet in front of him. Even if a Nova player gets it, he can’t pass to a teammate behind the arc and have him shoot in 1.3 seconds.

Terrible? They played one of the most intelligent games on offense I've seen. Reminded me of the old Princeton teams. Yes, they made that terrible play with less than 2 seconds to go but other than that a team with much less talent than Villanova won the game.

You mean the same Penn that also beat Miami? The same Penn whose only losses are to the #12 team and another P5 team? As an Ivy League team?

What color is the sky in your world? They are anything but terrible. They will do some damage in the tournament this year.

When you win 2 NCs in 3 years you kinda get a long leash.
Florida won back to back titles in 2006 and 2007 then made the NiT in 2008 and 2009.
That fanbase is 99.9% happy.

Struggling is okay after you win the title.

When you win 2 NCs in 3 years you kinda get a long leash.
Florida won back to back titles in 2006 and 2007 then made the NiT in 2008 and 2009.
That fanbase is 99.9% happy.
Struggling is okay after you win the title.
Yes, you get a long leash if Wright or Donovan is your coach, not Kevin Ollie. And I'm sure many of the Nova fans are not happy about DiVencenzo and Spellman leaving early.

Yes, you get a long leash if Wright or Donovan is your coach, not Kevin Ollie. And I'm sure many of the Nova fans are not happy about DiVencenzo and Spellman leaving early.
Ollie got 4 years after his NC.
Now I think Nova won’t fire Wright if he goes 4 years like UConn after 2014 but any fanbase gives a honeymoon year after you win a title.

penn will probably be ranked before too long... the ivies have 2-3 legit teams this year

pissed on got delayed getting my moneyline bet in on penn.. they had great odds tonight..

nove looks like every other team when the 3s arent raining

Spellman was a head scratcher but with DiVincenzo people must have had a good idea it was going to happen. The guy was the best player on the floor towards the end of their reg season then the best player in the NCAA Tournement, period. Then the Combine quickly validated the other stuff.

Villanova looked like they would reload fine but those stud recruits like Swider and Quinerly barely play. Weird.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom