ure gonna luv this | Syracusefan.com

ure gonna luv this

igor

2nd String
LeBron james on mt rushmore. ha he's a product of heist. i'm not saying he's not good, but not as all the yes men and womenhave declared the best player on the planet. it started early on, rookie year, when the league decided that he would be the face of the league. stern had allowed him to get instant celebrity by going in mass to Miami, but didn't allow chris paul to go to la because of fear of derailing the choo choo train. melo and LeBron had similar stats, but melo won and was 17 games better than the previous year. i'll try and finish later. tired

Yes, the NBA has hyped him as the face of the league, and ESPN has deified him, no doubt. All the same, LeBron is the best player on the planet.

Yes, the NBA has hyped him as the face of the league, and ESPN has deified him, no doubt. All the same, LeBron is the best player on the planet.
Agreed.
Not a fan of LBJ, but there's no questioning his ability or status as the Alpha of basketball.
Igor, just an aside. A long time ago when the Celtics were doing damage in the league, I remember saying to my brother how much I hated Larry Bird. I'll never forget his words to me: "Well, you're in for a lot of misery so you'd better get ready. This guy's not going anywhere for a long, long time"! And he was right. LBJ is here, best in the game, in his prime, and going nowhere...whether you like it or not. :mad:

Last edited:
yea, lbj is undoubtedly in top 10 of all time and arguably top 5/top 3. i get igor's whole online persona but why does he always pile on after the losses.

I'd like him more if he wasn't such a punk. Great player, though.

Igor, Melo is not close to James. To say otherwise is silly.

Difference between Melo and LeBron is LeBron doesn't need the ball in his hands or be scoring a lot to affect the game.

LeBron james on mt rushmore. ha he's a product of heist. i'm not saying he's not good, but not as all the yes men and womenhave declared the best player on the planet. it started early on, rookie year, when the league decided that he would be the face of the league. stern had allowed him to get instant celebrity by going in mass to Miami, but didn't allow chris paul to go to la because of fear of derailing the choo choo train. melo and LeBron had similar stats, but melo won and was 17 games better than the previous year. i'll try and finish later. tired
I really like Melo. He's one of the great scorers I've seen in my lifetime of watching basketball (nearly 50 years) and he'd be a lock for the Hall of Fame even if he stopped playing today. But come on, Igor. Have you ever watched LeBron play? He's damn special, plays the game unlike anyone I've seen, and he's still writing the story.

key get hibbard out of the game. call ridiculous fouls on him. he makes LeBron stain his shorts. charge LeBron; they will not call it he went two months with out a foul. in real bball in the medal round he had 3 of the five games where he had 3 fouls in the first half

To hype the league, they seem to always claim that the current players are the best ever. Look how the top 50 or 100 all time player lists constantly changes with the active players taking up more spots. I still can not believe that Shaq is listed top 50. He had almost no competition at center wen he played and his best move was to use his big rear as a plow towards the basket. If he faced some of the centers from eras past, in their prime, he wouldn't look so good. There is talk of replacing Jerry West with LaBron as the Icon for the NBA. they should be ashamed of themselves for even thinking that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom