US vs Nigeria... | Syracusefan.com

US vs Nigeria...

Forza Azzurri

All American
The US played with both Jones and Beckerman, who provided more cover for the back four.

This allowed Bradley to play much higher up the pitch which really helped the US getting forward.

But the difference maker has been Fabian Johnson. His run against Turkey led to his scoring a goal while his run against Nigeria led to the cross and Jozy's tap-in.

Both Ghana and Portugal have very strong wingers. Ayew tends to play on the right so he would be on Beasley's side but CR will be on Johnson's side.

Can Klinsmann afford to have Johnson rampaging forward against Portugal?

Saw the Ghana game last night, I think were in trouble. Tons of talent, one of the most underrated WC teams in my opinion. Good that J A got a couple of goals vs Nigeeria, that has to help, they would have scored a couple more but Clint Dempsey took some bad shots with people open and could have set Altidore up with a third for a sitter but chose to shoot. Not proposing benching Dempsey at all but sometimes he makes me crazy.

THe
Saw the Ghana game last night, I think were in trouble. Tons of talent, one of the most underrated WC teams in my opinion. Good that J A got a couple of goals vs Nigeeria, that has to help, they would have scored a couple more but Clint Dempsey took some bad shots with people open and could have set Altidore up with a third for a sitter but chose to shoot. Not proposing benching Dempsey at all but sometimes he makes me crazy.

They have loads of offensive talent...are supposed to be shaky at the back and in goal but only gave up 1 goal to the Netherlands...

It is going to be fascinating to see how Klinsmann has us play this game...

Some really great games to start the tourney:

Brazil - Croatia
Spain - Netherlands
England - Italy
Argentina - Bosnia

in the first four days...

Cannot wait...

THe

They have loads of offensive talent...are supposed to be shaky at the back and in goal but only gave up 1 goal to the Netherlands...

It is going to be fascinating to see how Klinsmann has us play this game...

Some really great games to start the tourney:

Brazil - Croatia
Spain - Netherlands
England - Italy
Argentina - Bosnia

in the first four days...

Cannot wait...
Croatia steals a draw /win

I'm so excited for the world cup. I hope we show well. We need to win against Ghana. We need those points big time

Go USA and Croatia

And

Last but not least anyone playing Russia!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom