USA Today Pre-Season Poll | Syracusefan.com

USA Today Pre-Season Poll

It's too depressing to look up, but I wonder when was the last time we didn't receive a single preseason vote? The late 70s, perhaps?

It's too depressing to look up, but I wonder when was the last time we didn't receive a single preseason vote? The late 70s, perhaps?

Considering this is the coaches poll and they have only done a top 25 since 1990...

Considering this is the coaches poll and they have only done a top 25 since 1990...

Been doing a top 20 or 25 since the 50’s, though...

I actually think 15-16 might’ve been one of ‘em.

hqdefault.jpg

Tripper: Okay, zone's not working. They're a little bit too good to cover man-to-man, and we can't shoot for ###.
Crockett: What kind of talk's that for a coach?
tripper: I'm not gonna lie. There's no way we're gonna beat this team.
Wheels: What are we gonna do, Trip?
Tripper: We're gonna lose.
Wheels: What?
Tripper: But we can lose with some self-respect.

Wasn't this originially the UPI Coaches' Poll, and didn't it exist well before 1990? I thought USA Today picked it up when UPI folded.

Wasn't this originially the UPI Coaches' Poll, and didn't it exist well before 1990? I thought USA Today picked it up when UPI folded.

Maybe? Either way my point was like 30 coaches vote in it so it’s not unreasonable to not receive votes.