USC wake why did they deserve it | Syracusefan.com

USC wake why did they deserve it

20Plus

Syracuse fans can point out all the things that went wrong with our season, you're not wrong but if you wanted to trade seasons with wake forest and USC their seasons were worse.

I mean if you look at how USC got in it's by beating crappy crappy teams on the road

Last edited by a moderator:
What's your keys fans I can point out all the things that went wrong with the season you're not wrong but if you wanted to treat seasons with wake forest and USC their seasons were worse.

I mean if you look at how USC got in it's by beating crappy crappy teams on the road
There are at least 10 at large teams that could never win more than 4 or 5 league games if they were in the ACC. The ACC is the best conference by a large margin and SU ended up 10-8. The ACC commissioner should do some explaining .

What's your keys fans I can point out all the things that went wrong with the season you're not wrong but if you wanted to treat seasons with wake forest and USC their seasons were worse.

For USC; minimal "bad" losses, as well as high percentage of "good" losses...

I hope while those 2 are losing right away, we are putting the fear of G*d into our opponents! I'd like to see some anger and passion, and seem some DESTRUCTION to prove we belonged. We have to make the best of the situation, and I'd love to see something like that...the destruction some of us remember from back in the day against teams like our first round opponent...from the state JB mocked.

Wow, this ESPNU is talking about upsets and every so often are making a point to emphasize the word "Syracuse" when they say it. Im not sure why Im even streaming this crap...other than hoping someone will speak in favor of Syracuse.

So we are now valuing losses over wins!

Twilight Zone Stupidity!

It's a single elimination tournament, why analyze any losses?

So we are now valuing losses over wins!

Twilight Zone Stupidity!

It's a single elimination tournament, why analyze any losses?

Good losses are what matters most!! If you can lose good, you belong!!

Wake doesn't have any bad losses, nada. They are a good sleeper pick to make a run.

I predicted that we would not get in in the "poll" and i predicted there would be sour grapes if that happened. It is futile to argue the pros and cons when we don't do the job ourselves. Forget the horrendous early season defeats, all we had to do was to win a lousy 8-9 game in the ACC and we are a lock. Not like we had to take down NC to get in. Blame ourselves - it is that simple.

I predicted that we would not get in in the "poll" and i predicted there would be sour grapes if that happened. It is futile to argue the pros and cons when we don't do the job ourselves. Forget the horrendous early season defeats, all we had to do was to win a lousy 8-9 game in the ACC and we are a lock. Not like we had to take down NC to get in. Blame ourselves - it is that simple.

People are just cherry picking the selection criteria that they think matter the most.
It's not like all the bubble teams didn't have reasons to leave them out. That's why they're bubble teams.

Wake's worst loss was us. All I keep seeing is conference record, conference record, and conference record. It's full body of work. Who'd you beat OOC? Who beat you OOC? How'd you do in conference play? How about your conference tournament?

Clemson was 10-8 in the ACC last year. The same ACC that produced 2 final four teams and 2 #1 seeds. But they were 17-14 overall.

I understand the dismay with USC but I really don't get the Wake gripes.

Miami is a class team. I would not be surprised to see them go deep in the tourney.

This is bad reasoning when they haven't won a game against a winning team since 1/25. They feasted on the bottom half of the Pac 12.

Wake finished beneath Syracuse in the ACC, doesn't have the marquee wins and LOST their head to head. The latter should count for more if they're both on the bubble.

After the controversy of letting Syracuse in last year, they had to be bulletproof because the committee wasn't going to let it happen again. Cements the point that there is no standard when it comes to giving a team a bid.

This is bad reasoning when they haven't won a game against a winning team since 1/25. They feasted on the bottom half of the Pac 12.

Wake finished beneath Syracuse in the ACC, doesn't have the marquee wins and LOST their head to head. The latter should count for more if they're both on the bubble.

After the controversy of letting Syracuse in last year, they had to be bulletproof because the committee wasn't going to let it happen again. Cements the point that there is no standard when it comes to giving a team a bid.

jncuse brought this up last night. The team last year had quality wins, but quality win s away from home. UConn and aTm at B4A, Duke at Cameron.

Syracuse won two games away from home all year. And we're literally two Buckets away from zero. That plus the dismal OOC losses was apparently a deal breaker.

I guess if there was a Dome regional we'd have a better argument.

jncuse brought this up last night. The team last year had quality wins, but quality win s away from home. UConn and aTm at B4A, Duke at Cameron.

Syracuse won two games away from home all year. And we're literally two Buckets away from zero. That plus the dismal OOC losses was apparently a deal breaker.

I guess if there was a Dome regional we'd have a better argument.

Bad losses shouldn't nullify good wins of which Syracuse beat 3 top 10 teams at their respective times.

Bad losses shouldn't nullify good wins of which Syracuse beat 3 top 10 teams at their respective times.

If you have enough bad losses of course they should.

And you realize that "3 top 10 wins at their respective times" isn't particularly significant right ? No one thinks that Wagner has a top 25 win, or that South Carolina got a top 20 win by beating us in Brooklyn.

If you have enough bad losses of course they should.

And you realize that "3 top 10 wins at their respective times" isn't particularly significant right ? No one thinks that Wagner has a top 25 win, or that South Carolina got a top 20 win by beating us in Brooklyn.

They're still top 50 wins; more than USC and Wake combined. It has to count for something.

Monmouth beat Georgetown last year and that was looked at as a good win until they fell off of a cliff. The top 50 that SU beat stayed afloat and Duke got a #1 seed out of it.